Nav's too good to be true?

FrankLS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I was doing some research looking for some double din navs. Ive spent a few hours and thought id seen it all when i ran into this website.
They seam cheap, do not have a brand but their reviews seam supprisingly good.

I dont think im gonna purchase one of these but just wanted so see what you guys thought about this company and their items. thanks

http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/car-gps-dvd-player_2754?pagesize=48

So I was doing some research looking for some double din navs. Ive spent a few hours and thought id seen it all when i ran into this website.
They seam cheap, do not have a brand but their reviews seam supprisingly good.

I dont think im gonna purchase one of these but just wanted so see what you guys thought about this company and their items. thanks

http://www.lightinthebox.com/c/car-gps-dvd-player_2754?pagesize=48

Nah bro, don't do it. I'm not a brand snob, but I can tell you from personal experience that this off brand stuff serves one purpose (and it's apparent as soon as you see a menu scree): and that purpose is to show you that you should have saved up a few hundred more dollars and went with one of the industry players. Also, the reviews reek of fakeness. Before I stopped reading, at least 4 said "I am now the envy of all my friends". This looks like Eonon sneaking around under another (no) name.

nope they are what they say they are lol there based in china soo if thats answer anything. My friend bought one from these people and well his works fine steering wheel controls GPS everything. IDK you make the call.

so i had a chat with the live agent lol

brenda: Welcome to Lightinthebox.com! How may I assist you today? (Please be noted that this chat is for presales issue only)

brenda: hi Alex

alex : what brand are ur 7inch double din screens

alex : they look nice but idk waht brand

brenda: do you mean you want to know the brand of our phones?

alex : http://www.lightinthebox.com/7--Tou...Wheel-Control-JZY-817-G--SZC1836-_p80779.html

alex : i like the screens for the car

brenda: kindly hold on please. I'll check for you right now.

alex : k

brenda: we have our own suppliers in China

brenda: but they are not famous

brenda: so this car dvd players are generic brand items

alex : ok thanks very much i wont be be buying one

so i had a chat with the live agent lol

brenda: Welcome to Lightinthebox.com! How may I assist you today? (Please be noted that this chat is for presales issue only)

brenda: hi Alex

alex : what brand are ur 7inch double din screens

alex : they look nice but idk waht brand

brenda: do you mean you want to know the brand of our phones?

alex : http://www.lightinthebox.com/7--Tou...Wheel-Control-JZY-817-G--SZC1836-_p80779.html

alex : i like the screens for the car

brenda: kindly hold on please. I'll check for you right now.

alex : k

brenda: we have our own suppliers in China

brenda: but they are not famous

brenda: so this car dvd players are generic brand items

lol :). Well now youve done it, you're on their hit list. Funny how she mentions her suppliers are not famous.

I was never really thinking on purchasing one of these but just wanted to get some feedback. It seamed like a good site for the first 30 sec of reading. Thanks for the info Alex.

if you do buy one make sure they can ship to the U.S. first. Chinese companies are good at taking your money and then not being able to ship your stuff because customs seizes it.

Laughing at work over that right there, at least they were not like the cable companies trying to set up an account every time you talk to them. Generic I think only works with prescriptions, and even then I think those aren't the same as the real deal. Either that or they're all placebos.

i bought the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT in march. spent about 2 months researching everything.... There alot of good options and even better reviews on crutchfield.. take a look.

Members online

No members online now.
Back