GM car suck sooooooo bad.

So the fun begins!!!

IMGP0625.jpg

8hrs and that job could be done good luck hopefully new motor doesn't fail
Its gonna take me a bit longer. Damn hernia popped out while I was removing the alt so it really slows me down. I just stopped cause I am about to leave for Dallas to pick up the other car. Prolly have both motors pulled before the weekend and then wait for Sunday so I can have some help as I drop it in.

Are you 100% positive it is rod knock? I had a 98 gtp that sounded like it had a light knock and it was the sc coupler gone bad. Not trying to insult your intelligence. I know a rod knock ought to be lower in the engine, but mine sounded low in the engine bay and a good trustworthy mechanic friend told me it was likely due to echo inside the engine bay. Anyway, a cheap easy repair and it was gone...

Ford Family , but damn it took me forever to get my first Ford. =] Couldn't be happier. Good luck with the rebuild Laser, let us know what it turned out to be.

Eaton M90 on them. I also have a spare blower that came with the parts car.

Just got back a little while ago with the parts car. Its blower idler was way bad so I drove it home without the supercharger running and still managed to get a speeding ticket. Speedo wasnt working so I guessed.... guessed wrong. Oh well. Parts car drives well. Got showered in glass as the already broken rear window blew inward on the highway. Engine is solid, blower needs a new coupler and since funds are tight I guess I will just swap blowers over, gonna have to get an upper gasket I guess. Cant afford the lower gasket right now so I will have to try and keep off the boost untill I can afford that.
Its almost a shame to part the 98 cause its really a nice car. But seeing how I gotta replace the back glass and the AC dont work and the bumper skin is screwed and it needs tie rods, its really more then I can spend and the engine exchange is cheaper.

Gonna part or just sell the red car after I swap seats and motor.

IMGP0626.jpg

Are you 100% positive it is rod knock? I had a 98 gtp that sounded like it had a light knock and it was the sc coupler gone bad. Not trying to insult your intelligence. I know a rod knock ought to be lower in the engine, but mine sounded low in the engine bay and a good trustworthy mechanic friend told me it was likely due to echo inside the engine bay. Anyway, a cheap easy repair and it was gone...
Blower coupler and/or crank pulley would not cause the car to overheat and stall even when it wasnt overheating. I am 100% sure its rod knock.

I drove mine with a bad coupler for a while, it's not gonna blow up the SC. Damn, I dig the color on the parts car.

I drove mine with a bad coupler for a while, it's not gonna blow up the SC. Damn, I dig the color on the parts car.
Id almost prefer to keep it. But a rear window is $180. Needs tie rods and the rack feels iffy. The struts are shot. Clock spring is bad. Wont give s peed signal. AC is scewed and the front bumper is in peices. Also the subframe has a nasty dent. SOme little old lady hit a fire hydrant (one of them short ones) and really hammered the nose.
Its all fixiable and would be a nicer car then the white one but exchanging engines is cheaper and cash is king.

Man, I tell ya Bill... you got a way of getting in to some :q:q:q:qty situations, but always seem to find a solution. Glad to see you found a parts car. You problem solver, you. Lol

Well I worked on it till my hernia yelled at me. LOL. Got the AC and PS pump dropped, harness out, fuel lines and other crap. Only have a few bell housing bolts to go and the exhaust flange and its ready to lift out.

The SC coupler on the white car is like brand new so in the interest of saving money I am just gonna swap couplers and do a SC oil change.

Its an easier swap then a Mark VIII motor swap but the damn hernia is slowing me down. Can only work on it a couple hours before I gotta take a break.

Sorry bout the ticket mang! I wouldve slowed down sooner...had I been running the Cobra Radar ...oh well... You got pulled over, I nailed the throttle, 4.6 FTW YO!

What were you using for tuning, HP Tuners or DHP? I might still have the 1.0 and 1.5 .bin from DHP somewhere if it is of any help.

I also have two bottles of supercharger oil I will never use if you need them.

Well hell. Thought I was ready to pull the motor but after wiggling it around I realized there must be a hidden bolt. The damn bolt under the rear manifold is the one thats kickin my arse. I need another 18-24" of extension so cant do crap till my buddy can bring his extensions out. :( Other then that bolt the motor is just kinda sitting there. Oh well, there is ALWAYS one thats a PITA to get too.

As for the software its HPT. And for the oil I think Sapperfire was gonna pick me up a couple bottles from the dealer in Waco.

Members online

No members online now.
Back