stalled after driving through water..!!

Mechanicboy, i am going to start on that today. i cancelled the seafoam. i will keep you posted. and as far as Andizzle, my gen1 v6 is hot. it is worth keeping. good on gas and runs the way i want it to. very satisfied with it. if i want speed, i jump on my motorcycle. If i want to eat up gas, i jump in my suburban with 30 inch rims on it. thanks for your opinion. PEACE

Mechanicboy, i am going to start on that today. i cancelled the seafoam. i will keep you posted. and as far as Andizzle, my gen1 v6 is hot. it is worth keeping. good on gas and runs the way i want it to. very satisfied with it. if i want speed, i jump on my motorcycle. If i want to eat up gas, i jump in my suburban with 30 inch rims on it. thanks for your opinion. PEACE

30 inch wheels ha what a waste of metal its stuff like this that makes the goverment want us to recycle metal. Is it lifted 3 feet in the air too, A lifted truck that couldn't hit a speed bumb

Seafoam won't help anything that was damaged from water coming in the intake. Don't waste your $10(or w/e you might pay) on seafoam because it won't help this situation. Hydro locked engine either bend valves, rods or worse, nothing that's cured by cleaning carbon deposits out.

It does sound like you hydro-locked it though. First thing you did wrong was to drive through deep water, the second thing you did wrong was do it at anything more than 3-4MPH. Best case scenario The spark plugs get pulled and the water comes out. Also remember to drain you oil. With the spark plugs pulled and oil drain plug out turn the engine over quite a bit. I recommend you put the battery on a charger while doing this. Then you will want to run a compression test. After that get back to us.

The seafoam isn't to de-gunk the motor it's to try and get out any water that made it into the crank case...

Assuming the motor isn't shot.

Dido how is this working out for you? I had this same thing happen to me at night after a huge rainfall. Thing is as soon as I hit the water I knew it was going to be bad for whatever reason I thought to turn the car off which I believe saved my motor. I coasted most of the way through stopped and popped the hood and it was very wet but I didn't suck any of it up. I wish you luck and hope no real damage was done!

I hydro locked my work van one time. Chevy 4.3L. Mechanic took out the plugs, spun it over to eject the water, and did an oil change. It has been fine for the last 2 years since.

I have also saved a couple of outboards including one that went under for at least 12 hours. There is hope....

HEY FELLAS, IT TURNS OUT , I NEED A NEW ENGINE. THEY ARE IN THE PROCESS OF PUTTIN ONE IN NOW. SMFH.... THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN. 70,000 MILE ENGINE. I had 150,000 on this last one and it was running great. keepin my fingers crossed. Thanks for the love and support fellas. Will keep you all posted. STAYED TUNED.!!

Members online

Back