Man, I wish the Ls had the same engine options as the S-Type...

It should also be noted that 'de-bored' is a word made up by some dummy writing for Wiki. Since boring is the process of removing the surface of a cylinder, to make it larger or to provide an unworn surface, by the use of a boring bar, a kind of cutting tool, it therefore must follow that 'de-boring' is the re-application of cuttings removed by a boring bar.

Let's not perpetuate the ignorance (stupidity) of the original wiki dunderhead.

KS

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Cadillac also once labeled as the grandpa car club? In a few short years Cadillac jumped from old man car status to competitive performance with style status. What's stopping Lincoln from following suit exactly? 20 years ago Cadillac didn't have a car people would even consider for strip racing.

What's coming

Actually there's a strong undercurrent of talk regarding the use of 'Eco-boost' technology to create a performance Lincoln.

It's intended that the lower tier of 'Lincoln' will be cars that, in the past, would have been badged as a Mercury. Traditionally the Mercury was either a performance upgrade fron Ford, or when things got serious in the '60s, the Mercs had the same performance engines as the Ford. (NASCAR 427s for example.)

For run-of-the-mill daily drivers, a small-large dual turbo six with all-wheel drive in a car built on the Fusion platform would undoubtedly sell well. And for a top-of-the-line flag carrier, there are regular comments regarding The Shelby Mustang offering 800 horsepower. Change the grille and tail-lights and put a larger pulley on the blower's snout to drop it to 750 HP and badge it as a Lincoln!:D

KS

For run-of-the-mill daily drivers, a small-large dual turbo six with all-wheel drive in a car built on the Fusion platform would undoubtedly sell well.

You realize you are pretty much describing the MKS, right? They are good for over 400HP with a little aftermarket help. :cool:

You realize you are pretty much describing the MKS, right? They are good for over 400HP with a little aftermarket help. :cool:

Even the MKS isn't too bad except for that damnable front end Lincoln seems to be quite content with.

Even the MKS isn't too bad except for that damnable front end Lincoln seems to be quite content with.

That and the engine sits the wrong way driving the wrong (non-AWD) wheels. Even the AWD version is front wheel biased!

See I always saw Mercury as more of a competitor to Buick and Oldsmobile and such. To me Lincoln has always been Cadillac's nemesis. Well, until recent years anyway... So sad.

Lincoln is going to have to recruit some new fresh talent if they plan on trying to keep up with Cadillac these days. I'm not going to lie, if I had to get rid of the LS, I would be riding in a STS right now. Would love to have a CTS-V but that's waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of my price range, lol.

But they're gonna spend 1 Billion dollars (Dr Evil would love that) to revamp and have seven new vehicles! As stated in another thread a while back, 1 billion ain't crap to do much with in the automotive world. That's probably a good indicator that they are just gonna warm over some Fords with interior and sheet metal, like they have been!

^^^
That'd be just fine so long as under the hood we get some power. :) EcoBoost is cool and all... But some people (ME) just really like a beefy V8.

^^^
That'd be just fine so long as under the hood we get some power. :) EcoBoost is cool and all... But some people (ME) just really like a beefy V8.

I wouldn't mind the Ecoboost engine at all but there was an auto blog on here a little while ago and there was mention of the the MKT with the Ecoboost having 335hp. Was that a typo or did they nueter the SHO motor that much?

i just googled it and the first two websites said 355 HP for the boosted MKT

What ever happened with the Lincoln MKR?

"The prototype TwinForce 3.5L twin-turbo, direct-injection gasoline V6 was also capable of running on E85 ethanol, producing up to 415-hp, and 400 foot-pounds force (540 N·m) of torque".

18-lincoln-mkr-concept-3.jpg

lincoln_mkr_concept_gallery_lincoln_mkr_concept_3_5_liter_twin_turbo_v6_engine_image_0011_cd_gal.jpg

lincoln-mkr-detroit-3.jpg

2007-lincoln-mkr-3_460x0w.jpg

1-lincoln-mkr-concept-3.jpg

lincoln_mkr_30.jpg

I believe that was just a concept car. As sitting, that would never make it to market. Lincoln (Ford) doesn't have the money to develop and produce something like that.

Members online

Back