Installed the new air intake

Ben's LS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Put in the new air intake yesterday (sorry for all the dirt under the hood gotta clean that up). It's the same one that can be found on ebay that already has a thread on here. I figure it will suffice for now until i earn some more cash. Next step is to make some form of a heat shield for the filter and I'm also planning on buying a heat shield that wraps around the aluminum piping to keep it from becoming so hot.

intake.jpg

I would leave the pipe alone as is.....no matter what it will get hot.

Yeah don't worry to much on the pipe. I'd focus on getting black couplers. And a heat shield obviously isn't the worst idea

Yeah i hate when i see mugen stickers on a stock civic.

Well unless you count stick on walmart mods.

yeah the bright blue isn't exactly the look i want to go for. any suggestions on heat sheild materials?

Lol so sad...thats a nice truck and decent wheels.

Everything else looks like ass.

I almost pissed my pants when I saw that truck!! Wait what if I put brightly colored stick-ons on my car?! Will that add HP and performance in a single mod?

^^ only if they are power stickers. for example, if you put a brembo sticker on, you will stop better, but you actually wont see any increase in HP, now if you throw on a vortec sticker, it lights a fire under the cars @ss!

theres this old guy around my neighbor hood with an old corvair that did the same thing, cleaned walmarts chrome stick on department out and it has like 20 inch spinners on it, i just don't get the apeal of that, even they guy who did it, what was the look he wanted to acheive.....

at least he paint matched his hood scoops, unlike most people who leave them black

Where was this picture taken? I think I know that truck. Was it by chance in Indy?

what's everyones opinion on kkm filters vs k&n?

for 2nd gens, the K&N comes with a heat shield, and the tube that comes with the 57 series really matches the rest of all the black under the hood well

Edit: i guess it really doesnt matter since you have a 1st gen

I was going to purchase this luckly I got a kkm filter with the alum. maf adapter for thirty bucks shipped, ive noticed it sounds tougher and the throttle response is better, just need to work on making a heat shield.

I was going to purchase this luckly I got a kkm filter with the alum. maf adapter for thirty bucks shipped, ive noticed it sounds tougher and the throttle response is better, just need to work on making a heat shield.
Where did ya come across that?

Members online

No members online now.
Back