What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Well I picked up this 91' Ranger extended cab today.
V6 5 speed but I have a spare 96' Mark engine in the garage that I could just drop in :p
91Ranger-2.jpg

that's a clean little ranger, congrats!

Has the potential to be alot of fun. I know "Trucks" did a marauder 32v conv on a mazda(ranger) pickup.

Well I picked up this 91' Ranger extended cab today.
V6 5 speed but I have a spare 96' Mark engine in the garage that I could just drop in :p
91Ranger-2.jpg

If you want to sell your motor let me know, the 93 needs one, or it's getting scrapped

However, Rangers with 4.6s are cool...LOTS of work tho..ya gotta redo the entire frame (check out "Rolling Thunder")

If you want to sell your motor let me know, the 93 needs one, or it's getting scrapped

However, Rangers with 4.6s are cool...LOTS of work tho..ya gotta redo the entire frame (check out "Rolling Thunder")

Yeah thats kinda what gave me the idea in the first place. I got the engine from NY so shipping was cheap. Dunno what it would be your way :confused:

Bills g-ma has a little ranger we want to 4.6 up...

If things will ever go according to plan!

2002- pm sent

If things will ever go according to plan!

Do they ever? I've had my car plated and insured for a year in a few weeks and I put 1600 or so miles on it, every time I take it out something small goes wrong. Living like this you don't need small things turning into bigger things.

Over the past two days i had to have new rear wheel bearing put in and was told new brakes on the back also. The only reason i didn't do the work myself is that i live in an apartment and do not have the tools and a and a place to work in. The total was $280.00 :( and from what the mechanic told me was that the job was a real PITA.

Got my new used eBay HU, I wanted time correction for as little as possible. Later I'm going to finish my damping in the passenger door, and order my speaker adapters.

Washed and waxed my 98 and replaced all bulbs inside with LEDs and also conditioned all the leather with some Lexol, now it feels much better. Got some Brand New chrome 18" Saleens from The custom wheels shop that are just waiting for some tires, I can't wait!

IMG_0348.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00015-A.jpg

IMG_0344.jpg

IMG_0339-A.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

Last edited:
I had my DA professionally detailed this week. Picked it up Friday evening after work. Took it out this morning for a ride and a photo shoot. Here are my favorites...

100_9440.jpg

100_9446.jpg

100_9447.jpg

100_9453.jpg

100_9460.jpg

100_9463.jpg

100_9464.jpg

100_9467.jpg

100_9472.jpg

100_9485.jpg

100_9493.jpg

ANDREREED: Are your LED's dim-able?
Oh yes absolutely, all of my interior LEDs front, back, in the foot area they all have that theater dimming, it was also a big concern for me. One thing if you decide to go led make sure you go with the 5050 smd style those are the brightest ones that I've installed, they look great at night!

Andrereed, very nice, man. Once you get your Saleens on, what will you do with your factory wheels? I may be interested.....

I finally got my new Bosch impact wrench 18V 500ft-lb and the Craftsman bolt-out socket to get off all the wheels locks. The key lock itself is severely rounded off and has kept me from being able to take my flat tire off and switch all the wheels from the TBird to the Mark. So this will be tomorrow's project.

It will be 'interesting' to see what TBird wheels look like on the Mark.. LOL This will have to do until I can get new wheels or tires for the factory wheels (which I want avoid bc they are in bad cosmetic shape)

Andrereed that car will look outstanding with those wheels!! rrudd - That is one of the cleanest DA's I've ever seen!! Best of luck to both of you!!
Thank you so much, just a matter of time until I can come up with a little more funds, I just can't wait to put them on!

Andrereed, very nice, man. Once you get your Saleens on, what will you do with your factory wheels? I may be interested.....

Honestly I'm not exactly sure yet but I was thinking either keeping them or maybe just selling them on ebay or craigslist which would help me with some money towards the tires that I will need for the saleens but let me now what you had in mind I might consider it.

i finally got around to bypassing the front airbags ( replaced with struts a couple of months ago) and now my rear air bags work of the compressor again, and i located some tubing to start on a polished intake tube, for the 94 and may have a lead on a pro-charger for the 98. all i need is a tuner, converter and gears for the 98 and 94.

Connected Battery, Gave it a very poor bath and moved it up to the top of the driveway and put a hand written forsale sign in it.

$2k for anyone that wants it.:eek:
Gonna stop putting money into this and get a new SHO. 350hp TT AWD
All the following is included:eek:
Pros
Black LSC with Light Graphite Interior
LMS Double X Pipe With Twin Dual Exhaust
Saleen Speedstars and Stock Painted rims all with full tread.
ASHAM8
NEW OEM BAGS and Compressor/dryer
3 Piece LMS Wing (Not Painted or on car)
Spyder Extreme (Not Installed)
Rebuilt front end (ALL OEM Components)
New Brakes
Black Car Cover
BRAND NEW OEM LSC FLOOR MATS in Graphite Silver
Have an oil pan bought from Jamie (been in storage assume is still good).
96LSC

Cons
Brake Fluid Leak (Not drivable)
Idle Issue (Purrs like a kitten w/ a lil gas) Believe IAC - Have new IAC Not Installed, Also have TPS not installed.
Small Cigarette burn on pass visor (previous owner as I am nonsmoker).
Paint needs some buffing and touchup.
Small Chrome Flaking on the Pass HID headlight.
AC Not Working
Moon roof needs tweaking (Does not leak)
Engine Cover busted by previous owner.
Stock Stereo intermittent and CD Changer not working.
Call me at 617-293-4734 and bring a trailer.
I started her up yesterday and she ran for about an hour purring the whole time till I revved it up to hear the exhaust and burn out some carbon, then she roared!!! If the brakes worked I would have taken her out on the road, instead I tooled around the yard and driveway with the e-brake:shifty:

It will be 'interesting' to see what TBird wheels look like on the Mark.. LOL This will have to do until I can get new wheels or tires for the factory wheels (which I want avoid bc they are in bad cosmetic shape)

i hope your not planning the fan blades on the mark. if they are 15's like i think they are they will not clear the front brakes

She held together on my trip. Just some bottoming out in certain construction zones which got old quick. Averaged 24.5-25.5mpg @70-75 fully loaded

LSC is back in the air

After several weeks, 3 trips to the dealer & some $$$$ the LSC has it's Air Suspension back in the air. :D Yeah! First, was finding Ford has obsoleted the Module. Then buying a Town Car module instead of one for a Mark VIII. After another trip to EBAY, we got the right one. Well It took all day, but Pacifico Ford got it done finally. Now I can deal with the remaining gremlin, the O2 sensor install. Ford says the guy messed it up, I'll take up that matter another day.

Members online

No members online now.
Back