Mark VIII Diesel conversion

Luckily, we live in a free country and that's what spurs creativity. Some members on this board are modifying their engines by putting on superchargers for more power so what's wrong with putting in a diesel engine for better low rpm torque and fuel economy?

My diesel engine of choice for a Mark would be the 6.2/6.5L GM diesel. They are lightweight, relatively compact and very fuel efficient. They are also easily modifiable for more power. It doesn't take much to get 300 hp and 600 lbs torque out of this engine. The engine would be backed up with a built up 700R4 4 speed automatic transmission. A 6 speed manual would be ideal but I don't know where to find a 6 speed manual that would fit in a Mark and would also withstand the 600 lbs of torque from a diesel engine. Right now, I've got a clapped out diesel Suburban and I'm the process of putting this engine into a newer Tahoe. That combination would return 30 mpg but if it were in a Mark, I believe it would return 40 mpg with the excellent aerodynamics. For gearing, 2.73's would be ideal behind a 6.2L diesel

because the gawd dayum FRAME isnt designed for it you tard!

I am now convinced he is nothing more then a troll tard. You cant just come up with kinda chit and think its all good and be serious.

The slime in the bag I could almost see. But then deciding to tow with the car instead of the truck.... well thats pushing it but there are people that stupid.
Then pumping the air up to 40psi in the tires, that just puts everyone else on the road in danger.
Then thinking there is no reason the car cant get 40+MPH, well thats so stupid that it has to be a troll response.

Now the latest "idea" is to but a GM 800lb oil burner and GM trans that cant come close to holding 600+ ftlbs tq in a sports coupe...... comeon, gotta be a troll.

Prolly is Frog just having fun.

6.2 will not do 600ft lbs torque and live for any period of time. 6.5 like this only has a Flowmaster on it...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B827pckfoto
Plus Scat makes a crank shaft for it now. But still a dumb idea for a swap if ya ask me. That and if you plan on towing with it I don't think the CV's will be very happy over time either :shifty:

ive got $20 saying that he blows the front bags completely out slime and all if he replaces an all alum motor with a big a$$ chev diesel

ive got $20 saying that he blows the front bags completely out slime and all if he replaces an all alum motor with a big a$$ chev diesel
Didn't even think about the bags. :lol: That much weight on the nose and a good expansion joint should make the bags explode. Fortunately the over inflated tires will keep the k-member from slamming into the ground on the first bounce but on the second they will pop and the car will lose all control. The brakes are utterly useless for stock weight cars so it will be neat as the rotors explode and the brake pads turn to liquid thus causing the car so go into an uncontrolled skid and then start to roll (driver fails to notice any of this because he is staring at the "Average Mileage" screen), breaking the class 3 hitch right off the cars frame with the 6000lb trailer with a 4x4 still attached to it. As the car repeatedly flips down the highway it knocks a minivan into the guard rail launching the 8 occupants, 6 of which are children, and the van in to the air and into oncoming traffic. The van explodes as it rams into a bus full of nuns sending shrapnel into the surrounding cars causing a 22 car pile up with 62 fatalities.
Meanwhile the trailer with the truck has started to slide in the other lanes of traffic then catches and starts to flip. It throws the truck 40' in the air.... was a magical sight.... and into the "Make A Wish" foundations bus thats transporting a bunch of dying kids and their families to Disney Land. Fortunately the to paraplegic kids in front are spared but are covered in their parents brain matter. The trailer continues on and strikes a Mark VIII with a Duramax in it, breaking the last bolt off the class 3 trailer hitch and making it fly through the rear window and into the drivers minuscule brain damaging whats left but not killing him.
There was a news helicopter in the area so they flew over to see what happened. Unfortunatly they didnt notice the fire under the gas tanker truck and were directly overhead as it exploded! The flame and heat knocked out the pilot just as he was trying to lift out of it. Jet turbine at max power and blade pitch near max causes the helicopter to shoot up to 15,000 feet before it rolls over and shoots down to the earth many miles away and perfectly hits the Cali fault line in such a way it causes massive earthquakes killing millions befor California slides off into the ocean killing millions more.
Nevada now has beautifull ocean front properties.
Many years latter after much hardship and draining all the cash from his family members for health care that Mark VIII driver finally dies.

All that just cause he wanted to be different. Makes perfect sense.

Ed Hall

YFaCE.jpg

Bill,

You should start writing gags for a living and you wouldn't have to sell the Mark.

I was crying for at least 5 minutes after it took me 5 to read your response!!!:p:D:p:eek:

I liked the part where Kalifonia slid off into the ocean. :lol:

..its people like Ed Hall that make me believe Hitler was right

After reading about Ed's success towing with the VIII. I am thinking about using it to pick up my new Boat.

Been looking for a 19-20 Foot bass boat. Nothing fancy 225-250 horse, ~3200 lbs with a full load of 60 gallons of fuel and a dual axle trailer.

I think it would be a bad ass looking rig rolling down the road.

Think it'll work Ed?

i think if you did that, it would look bad ass watching your boat and Mark slide into the lake

Oh I forgot about that....

Makes your get into the power faster.... I think you could tow it just fine...

You dont really need the bigger brakes....With the weight of the boat it should slow down just fine....

now i'm thinking...what if you just sealed the bottom of the mark...make it amphibious.....then you could tow fifth wheel through the sunroof and it could be the ultimate in recreational needs...all while getting infinite mpg's! that of course possible by installing a perpetual motion engine!

now i'm thinking...what if you just sealed the bottom of the mark...make it amphibious.....then you could tow fifth wheel through the sunroof and it could be the ultimate in recreational needs...all while getting infinite mpg's! that of course possible by installing a perpetual motion engine!

you could just stick a sail out of the roof, then you wouldnt even need a motor

..............................................................................All that just cause he wanted to be different. Makes perfect sense.

I'm just saying, that was better then all three Transporter movies!

Members online

No members online now.
Back