A couple questions for you all

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
So as somme of you know, I got my car almost back together, and actually got it running again last night, however it has almost zero coolant in it, except for what's in the block...

So what is the proper way to fill a 4.6 dohc engine to minimize air pockets? The cap on the crossover must obviously play a role in it somewhere. This is the first time I hhave ever had to mess with the cooling system on this car.

Also,

Can ANYONE provide me with detailed pictures of the old LMS ice box, or your simillar boxed-in intake system? I am about to make one, but would like to see what works best for those that have done it.

As it sits, I would have to tilt my filter down in the front in order to just use a pipe ans coupler. But if I were to make a box, I would need a crazy bend in the pipe simillar to the pipe that comes off the vortech superchargers that connects to the rest of the cold air intake on a stang.

I need to find something that would adapt 3 1/2" to 4" with a general bend in it

I have read that if you find a large funnel that will fit the crossover tube and use that filled slightly to allow it to burp and fill at the same time. Running engine of course.

So as somme of you know, I got my car almost back together, and actually got it running again last night, however it has almost zero coolant in it, except for what's in the block...

So what is the proper way to fill a 4.6 dohc engine to minimize air pockets? The cap on the crossover must obviously play a role in it somewhere. This is the first time I hhave ever had to mess with the cooling system on this car.
there is a sticker under the hood that tells you how to properly fill it with coolant. "dont" deviate from that procedure.
also, using a mixture of 60/40 water/antifreeze, will enable your car to run slightly cooler in the hotter temps. hope this helps.:cool:

there is a sticker under the hood that tells you how to properly fill it with coolant. "dont" deviate from that procedure.
also, using a mixture of 60/40 water/antifreeze, will enable your car to run slightly cooler in the hotter temps. hope this helps.:cool:

You probably didn't notice his 'hood strut'?

At this stage in these car's lives, everything is a 'deviation'.....:p:)

You probably didn't notice his 'hood strut'?

At this stage in these car's lives, everything is a 'deviation'.....:p:)

Lmao! You like that?

The accident busted the ball off of the bracket on the passenger side strut tower, one strut alone does not hold this darn hood up. Ill be welding a new tab on soon.

And I will check the mix and fill procedure. Didn't see it when I had my tools scattered about under the hood

Using one of those snub-nose (short) funnel's. cut of about 1/2 an
inch and you can screw it into the crossover tube burp valve.

Fill, run car, fill, shake car, keep adding coolant but once it's warm you want
coolant in the funnel. You will see the bubbles coming out. Keep adding coolant.

Using one of those snub-nose (short) funnel's. cut of about 1/2 an
inch and you can screw it into the crossover tube burp valve.

Fill, run car, fill, shake car, keep adding coolant but once it's warm you want
coolant in the funnel. You will see the bubbles coming out. Keep adding coolant.

thats not what the sticker says!

Do a search for threads by me called "my custom ice box" or something like that. That's got a few pictures of what I've made. Some day I'll make a cover for it, but haven't yet...

Do a search for threads by me called "my custom ice box" or something like that. That's got a few pictures of what I've made. Some day I'll make a cover for it, but haven't yet...

I did a search, and looked thru about 12 pages, but never saw anything.

BTW, when I hub swap and go with FR's what tire sizes are you running?

Members online

No members online now.
Back