My new 97 Mark 8 LSC

rogerntara

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just recently picked up this 97 Mark 8 LSC for $900.00. It has 159,000 miles on it. Its really clean for the price. I am gonna start bringing her back. It has a slight lifter knock and the abs and traction control light is on. I have an idea what it is and I will be checking it out in the next few days. It runs really strong. The center rear light is out, but found out that i need to get a new ballast. Its a work in progress but it will be there eventually.

IMG_20110706_144412.jpg

IMG_20110706_144422.jpg

IMG_20110706_144433.jpg

IMG_20110706_195212.jpg

Love me some Evergreen LSCs. Was my first Mark.

Now this is only a guess but lifter knock isnt very common unless the motor was overheated many times and the valve guides are worn. Most likely its rod bearing failure.

Fortunatly engines are plentiful and cheap and not that hard to replace.

Definitely not body by a$$ car, I took that car and flipped it for a nice sum, and the a$$ end of it was drooping down @ least 3 inches from a rear end collision it received. It ran surprisingly well when I sold it though!!!

I love that color!! You got a great deal. The front wheel needs to go on the passenger's side. Other than that, the car looks great! Good luck with it.

Bill, do you see anything about this car that reminds you of anything? I'm not talking about your old one either. Maybe it's just me but it sure looks like the one BodyByASS had. I could be wrong though and I hope I am.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=699340&postcount=19

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=696882&postcount=1

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showpost.php?p=698740&postcount=1
I knew right away it wasnt his. While that LSC needs some love its nowhere near as bad as ass faces.

T hank you. I have been driving since I bought it and so she's been running great other than that annoying knock. Today I just replaced the drivers side wheel bearing. I was hoping it would fix my ABS and traction control light but it didnt. But it is Running smoother now. I emailed th e person on the glitch ballast and nothing yet. I really want that center light working. I am restoring my headlights this weekend. But its gonna look great when it is finished. I've seen alot of nice mark 8's on here and I hope it looks just as good as those I've seen.

Little by little...Once you start knocking out all the little things you'll start loving it more n more.

I used to own a 79 Lincoln continental collector's series. It was a great car. I know I will be really happy with this car. I just don't know which route to go. So many ways I can go. I guess we will see.

Small world! I have a Evergreen 1997 LSC with 94,718 mi as of yesterday. My paint is a little better & no sunroof. Welcome to mark VIII LSC world. I found the traction light when I got new tires put on. I think it is a sensor thing. Scared the hell out of me on purchase. The car would not reach highway speed Unless turned off. At least you did not have a car sit in at FORD all day & the gremlins still go on. Now I find out the O2 sensor from April was installed wrong. I may need to replace the Cat & sensors. Thursday I'll bitching to the garage who did it. Meanwhile I search for the damn suspension module......

Small world! I have a Evergreen 1997 LSC with 94,718 mi as of yesterday. My paint is a little better & no sunroof. Welcome to mark VIII LSC world. I found the traction light when I got new tires put on. I think it is a sensor thing. Scared the hell out of me on purchase. The car would not reach highway speed Unless turned off. At least you did not have a car sit in at FORD all day & the gremlins still go on. Now I find out the O2 sensor from April was installed wrong. I may need to replace the Cat & sensors. Thursday I'll bitching to the garage who did it. Meanwhile I search for the damn suspension module......
What is your rear tire size and your front tire size. You issue indicates sensors are working but you have shorter rear tires ..... or at least one shorter tire.

very nice, I got the same color, looks good with tints

rogerntara, Welcome to LvC.

I also bought my '97 at about the same price as what you paid for yours.
'Cept mine wasn't running, non-operational poor condition and un-drivable
and not as good looking as yours.

Like you, I am working on bringing mine back to its youth. I had to replace
my tail neon ballast and just the other day, I just finished making my headlights
look new again.

Hope you got that knock eliminated.
Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Ren/Octane

What is your rear tire size and your front tire size. You issue indicates sensors are working but you have shorter rear tires ..... or at least one shorter tire.
Now? Stock size 225 60 series yokohamas. The old tires had high tread ware so the sizes might have been uneven.

Now? Stock size 225 60 series yokohamas. The old tires had high tread ware so the sizes might have been uneven.
Whenever it had the TC issue. If the front tires are taller then the rear (even by 3mm) then the TC will do its thing.

I have 255/45 in the front and 275/40 in the rear and have to turn off the TC cause the height is different enough to flip it out.

Thank you. I hope it isn't a bearing. The knock seems to go away when I'm on the gas. Oh where did you get the neon ballast? I emailed glitch and no response yet. I was gonna mod it and put one of those led strips that I've seen on a lot of trucks and i took the rear section off. Come to find out that it is sealed. I just wanna get the rear center lamp working again. I just cleared up the headlights this weekend and it looks a lot better and i can also see better. I need to figure out whats wrong with my abs and trac control soon. thanks

rogerntara, Welcome to LvC.

I also bought my '97 at about the same price as what you paid for yours.
'Cept mine wasn't running, non-operational poor condition and un-drivable
and not as good looking as yours.

Like you, I am working on bringing mine back to its youth. I had to replace
my tail neon ballast and just the other day, I just finished making my headlights
look new again.

Hope you got that knock eliminated.
Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Ren/Octane

Members online

Back