Really? Are you kidding me??

Man thats actually the exit i take to go home... How close are you to the dealership??? Im within 5 miles!

Another mark owner in the area!!!!

Man I am less than five miles from there. One exit farther north. I'm in Northgate Crossing on the east side of 45. We should hook up. PM me.

That dealership is crazy as all get up. I offered $2000.00 on the spot for the car. I even broke out my American Express Gold card, and they laughed at me. :mad: "Ha Ha Ha! I've been selling Lincolns for 9 years, and there's no way we would take $2000 for that car" Do you know how many miles are on that car?"
That's what he said to me but in a condescending and sarcastic tone. I found out that the customer who traded it got $3000 for the trade. They took a hit on the trade, but I know that packed it on the customer on the other end. That's what they do.

Having been in the business for 40 years, they are looking at a write-down in the very near future. The moron used car manager got packed by a smart salesman who sold him AND the customer. We all know that the car has an ACV of $1500 tops. Add safety and detail and you have 1850-2000 in the car. A reasonable profit of $800 after costs and you have a selling price of $3k. By going for a home run gross they are cutting off their noses to spite their faces. This unit will haunt them in the future. Thank God I am retired.

***update***

As you all may know the Lincoln dealer tried to sell this Mark for the ridiculous price of $7995.00. I offended the salesman with my offer of $2000.:shifty: I thought it was a fair price. Anyway, the ran it back through the auction, and then an independent Used Car dealer picked it up, and it resurfaced on Craig's List again, this time for $4995.00
http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/2228118068.html
I got an email form the Used Car dealer, said he would take $2500 TTL included. Anyone interested?

As you all may know the Lincoln dealer tried to sell this Mark for the ridiculous price of $7995.00. I offended the salesman with my offer of $2000.:shifty: I thought it was a fair price. Anyway, the ran it back through the auction, and then an independent Used Car dealer picked it up, and it resurfaced on Craig's List again, this time for $4995.00
http://houston.craigslist.org/ctd/2228118068.html
I got an email form the Used Car dealer, said he would take $2500 TTL included. Anyone interested?

I may be in the market for one. I will inbox you if I am def interested. Thank you

Thats funny, this car has been all over town and still no buyer. Well the price is more reasonable, if they were to drop it another $500.00 I bet it would sell for sure.
My sister-inlaw was looking at a 2000 expedition 86000mi for 10k, my father-inlaw offered 7k and they would not budge and we knew that they paid just over 3k for it in trade-in. Its crap dealers like this that keep the lots full, thier job is to sell cars not to collect them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back