Advice on tire size

~Mike~

LVC Member
Reaction score
http://thecustomwheelshop.com/product_info.php/cPath/3/products_id/59
I bought these wheels new from one of our members last year and am finally gonna get em mounted. I was told to use 255/45/18 on all 4. Today, the tire guy disagreed with me saying to go bigger so now im stumped on this. Funny when i decided to walk, he changed his mind realizing he cost himself a sale. Anyway, what do u guys think would be best? Is that the right size to use? Is it purely preference?? Should the rears be the same size?

Are all four 9.5" wide? I'd personally go wider on the rear with a rim that wide.
I'd watch with a bit taller tire on the like you mention, as if the car is lowered it may rub the front upper ball joint.

Thats why I said go wider on the rear. A staggered setup (rim widths) would be even more ideal ;)

I have 275/40/18 on my rear faux Saleens. I could go wider but cant really match the front size in a width I want.
That being said I tried the 275s up front and they fit perfectly so I think I am gonna run 275s all the way around when funds allow.
They are Nitto Invos and seem to run about .25" narrower then the Yokohamas and Falkens I had in the same size.

i run 245-40 in the front of mine and 275-40 in the rear. my old rears were 285-35 but its an odd size tire and the price difference between 285-35 and 275-40 is a big one!!

Are all four 9.5" wide? I'd personally go wider on the rear with a rim that wide.
I'd watch with a bit taller tire on the like you mention, as if the car is lowered it may rub the front upper ball joint.

yeah.. looks like they are all the same 9.5 on every box. I def wanna go as wide as i can on the rears :)

IMG00543-20110626-2329.jpg

285/40/18 will match the diameter of the first you mentioned (27"). Dunno if they will rub or not, but they are the same diameter...

Members online

Back