audio help asap!

95towncar

LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i am installing a sub woofer into my town car. but im using the stock 400w amp. its a alpine 12 inch that runs 250 watts rms and 700 max. but any way, when i got it in and i hooked it up, it didnt work, but all the speakers in the back work fine, maybe the plug that inserts into the amp for the stock sub is broken? please help if you have had this problem. here is were i got the idea and what mine looks like, but doesnt work!
YouTube - ‪Lincoln Town car JBL Sub Upgrade‬‏
:mad:

Correct ohm load

fuse

Polarity

Did the factory sub work before you added the new one? If so hook up the oem one again to see if it still works, you might've damaged the amp wireing up the sub incorrectly. Did you test the alpine prior to install?

yes i tested it, he ran it on 350 then tested it on 1000, do u know the ohms on the amp? and also i will do that tomarow, but the thing that confuses me is tht it still powers the rear speakers. jus the sub part aint working

im getting a kicker zx10 700.5 5 channel soon. so ill use that. but im also gettin some kind of older one, either way ill get it going some how.

I like the pioneers and alpines. It's all i've ran for the last 10 years. I haven't kept up on the single din stuff from them either though.

I ran a loc on my stock jbl system and it sounded good for what it was. The subs sound pretty much the same between the oem indash cd w/loc and the pioneer 3200dvd I have in it now.. But the oem speakers/amp sucked. They were only good for highs and offered nothing else.

If you want to keep it simple just get a loc on you're oem system and forget about the new h/u.

It sends a line signal from a factory system to an aftermarket amp so you can run a sub.

Members online

No members online now.
Back