she goes to paint on mon.

Update

I am doing some of the prep work to save a little money. i can not believe how easy it is to pull the front bumper, it practically fell off. so in 3 hours i managed to pull the front and rear bumpers, pressure wash all the crap out from behind and scuff my jams. she goes in tomorrow

008.jpg

007.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

if my car ends up looking like this i am going to freak out BAD.

flatblacklincoln.jpg

That is a flat, I am going for satin

satin_black_veilside_widebody_bentley_cgt_4-568-426.jpg

satin_black_veilside_widebody_bentley_cgt_2-568-426.jpg

THAT IS SATIN :):):):):)

dude we need to work on getting your spark plug wires in some semblance of order...

us nashville brethren need to get together and have get all the little sh*t stuff done on our cars pow wow...zach said he has access to a lift...I need to swap my coils over to air suspension, fix my drivers door handle and replace my tired fuel pump.

us nashville brethren need to get together and have get all the little sh*t stuff done on our cars pow wow...zach said he has access to a lift...I need to swap my coils over to air suspension, fix my drivers door handle and replace my tired fuel pump.

lets quit talking about it and do it..... my car will be down for a week or two. but if you need a lift give me a 2 day heads up and i will call him. it is just outside of the boro in lascassas he charges 25-50 a day (depending what mood he is in). if you do not feel like spending the cash, the pics are from inside the shop i live in. pm me and i will give you my cell #

yes 12,000 sqft of glorious space, 3 offices up front full bathroom and full kitchen, central heat and air, cable, a bed and a way to make some money... what more could a single gearhead ask for.

it is also rent free and only temp for now. I have always wanted to build one to live in. with enough acres to carve a small track out of, I am on 8 here

I came off "the road" selling cars, I wanted out bad. a freind of mine told me about the guy that owns this place. I do all the sales and marketing, he did $485,000 with a 12% net in sales last year, I am up to 394,000 and 14% net right now, with 6 mo. to go. he pretty much lets me do what i want when i want.

040.jpg

039.jpg

and anyone in the mid tn area is welcome to come work on there mark here (weekends only)

There's a guy around here that built a huge building/shop out in the woods scary driveway and all, he made the backhalf his house the front is his shop where he paints and ever thing, even has a lift.

There's a guy around here that built a huge building/shop out in the woods scary driveway and all, he made the backhalf his house the front is his shop where he paints and ever thing, even has a lift.

man i would like to see his setup kinda reminds me of a guy i know in chestnut mound right outside cookeville. he has the biggest collection of old bmws I have ever seen. like 100-150 parts cars I almost came myself when i found it

man i would like to see his setup kinda reminds me of a guy i know in chestnut mound right outside cookeville. he has the biggest collection of old bmws I have ever seen. like 100-150 parts cars I almost came myself when i found it

Got a 4x4 or just crazy? You need to be both to get there, I went back there to buy a heater and almost got stuck, if I took the Lincoln I would have been stuck. I was going to go to that guy for BMW parts when I had my 318i, never got there I sold it.

SHATTTTTTTT my paint guy just stiffed me...:mad::mad: fuking douche nozzle. he told me to have it apart for today, when i show up, there are like 15 cars at his shop and he says " take it back with you I can not get to it" so I look at him and go "WTF i have my car apart and this is week 3 of you putting me off?" he tells me to take it to :shifty:macco:shifty: i tell him i would not take my worst enemies festiva to macco.:mad:.:mad:.:mad:.

i sit in my car feeling defeated and PISSED. i go up to my local paint supply shop and ask around, I find a guy in lavergene who is supposedly good. I called him up and he knew his sh!t . he knew what hot hues was right off the bat. (my other guy had no clue) he tells me hot hues is like $400 a gallon.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:,

I send him to this thread so he can see the car and examples of what i want it to look like. then he goes into the process of base clearing it with flattener In the clear. he wants to deck sand between each stage of primer and paint. sounds like it was a blessing in disguise. I think i am still going to stay under $900 for all of that. and a week or 2 without car...

That's bull! I would have said bring it over here but he has no extra time, and will not until this 67/09 Shelby gets done. (Keep forgetting to take my camera to get pictures of it) I cannot even get help on the oil pan gasket, which I will buy this weekend.

Problem with that satin is you have to wash bugs off right away or they will ruin the paint. BMW also is using that now but says in the owners info you need to wash the car right away when it gets bug splatters or bird poo on it.

As for Maaco, there are good ones. The Premium centers use better paints and better techs on the cars. They did my rear bumper on my last Mark and did an excellent job.

Problem with that satin is you have to wash bugs off right away or they will ruin the paint. BMW also is using that now but says in the owners info you need to wash the car right away when it gets bug splatters or bird poo on it.

As for Maaco, there are good ones. The Premium centers use better paints and better techs on the cars. They did my rear bumper on my last Mark and did an excellent job.

I have been looking at the bmw silver frost all day sexy as hell... the washing thing is no problem. i swear i washed the paint off my bmw when i was in hs. if my car had solid paint i would wash it every 3 or 4 days. i can not stand seeing an m5 or m3 or cobra ect ect with dirty wheels and dust on it. I am allways like " that mofo does not deserve that car"

i wash my car 4 times a week, i have to, the road pulling into my work is ripped up because pasco county milks every :q:q:q:qing single job they get, its been ready for black top to go back down for 6 weeks now, so every day i pull into work, and leave work, i have to drive through lime stone dust and its really starting to piss me off bad, its making such a mess all around my work, and pissing alot of people off.

if you want something done right just do it yourself

cheap paint and body guys are such flakes. every time i call a paint guy the price just goes up and up... first call $600 second call $900 third and he says $1500... looks like i am just going to to bite the bullet and do this myself.... I have helped prep and spray 4 cars. and a bikes frame, tank and fenders. my old roommate in fla. was a paint and body guy the hardest part for me is masking a car. you have got to be so verrrry perfectly dead on the crease with it, o and i hate sanding for hours but i will just call in my good old friend Jack Daniels to help...

here is the list i have so far.

da sander
straight line sander
3 gravity feed hvlp guns #1 1.0 #2 1.4 #3 1.7 mm guns
respirator with 3 replacement filter kits
1 roll of 220
1 roll of 320
1 roll of 420
two packs of 80 for the s.l. sander
finishing body filler
flex additive
2 rolls of 1/2 inch masking tape
5 rolls of 1 inch masking tape
2 rolls of 18 inch masking paper
exact o knife kit
1 gal filler primer
1 gal base coat urethane
1 gal clear coat urethane
1 gal of naptha
flattening agent
6 measuring / mixing buckets
screens for mixing

still under $900 and about a week of my life. if it turns out looking like sh!t, i can only blame myself. plus once i buy everything I will be able to spray anything any time i want to for a few hundred bucks. so fock it here i go.

I am putting the car back together tonight so i can drive it for 1 more week, ordering some things online and just going for it. if anyone sees anything i missed please chime in. I am going with a satin grey body and turning all the chrome pices satin black. i think it will look meaner and more custom than just satin black. kinda a new age/old school approach.

Swissvax opaque is the single best product for protecting matte finishes.

thank you for the info
i will be buying the kit they sell like for $120, you showed it to me before. i will not wax it for 2 or 3 months after painting it to allow the clear to properly cure

Members online

No members online now.
Back