Which Ignition coils to buy

JaysLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm going to purchase 8 new ignition coils from RockAuto, but don't know which ones to get. RockAuto shows two Ford Motorcraft models, a DG515 and a DG529.

I'm guessing some of you here have ordered ignition coils from Rock Auto before. So do I need the 515 or the 529?

Thanks for the help.

Fordparts.com shows the coil part number as DG-515.

Thanks, I guess I will go with the 515. But if both work, then why does the 529 cost $4.90 more?

I Just replaced mine about a month ago with motorcraft dg 515 from rock auto so far no problems. Rock auto is a good place to buy from, fast shipping.

Rambro99, Did you reuse your valve cover gasket set?

Thanks, I guess I will go with the 515. But if both work, then why does the 529 cost $4.90 more?

Probably because the DG515 is listed as superceeded by the DG529. Supposedly, the DG529 addresses some of the problems demonstrated by the DG515. If they cost the same, they could never sell off the older inventory. DG515 should work just fine but it will not have the life of the DG529.

just got these

c57d987b.jpg

I am assuming it would not hurt anything to have half DG515 and DG529. I have 4 new in box DG515's and hate to see them go to waste.....unless someone wants to make me a offer on them. :)

I was looking at those Accel Super Coils, but I don't know how to change the timing. Just seemed easier to stay with the Motorcraft.

Members online

Back