Has there ever been a time?

Bob Hubbard

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
When the sitting political party has not endorsed their current president for re-election?
It appears the President is in deep trouble with the voters.
If the economy is not on a better path by this time next year, is it possible his own party may throw him under the bus, in favor of another candidate?
Bob.

Yes, such conflicts are resolved during the primaries.
If such sentiment is widely felt within the party, then another candidate will challenge him for the parties nomination.

This was the case against Carter in 1980.
and it was the case when Reagan ran against Ford in 1976.

However, from a strategy standpoint, if the party is behind such a move, it's in their interest to wait a longer before they change the head of their ticket. Not only to prevent making a rash decision, and not to just build interest, but so that the Republicans will have less time to do opposition research and develop strategy.

I still wouldn't rule out a run by Hillary.
Either way, I've never thought Obama was planning on a two term Presidency. If he can, all the better, but he's a Marxist political kamikaze.

Cal, your statement about Hillary rings clear as to what I stated soon after Obama won the election.
I could see the disappointment on Hillary's face at loosing the primary,and I felt then, as I still do, we have not heard the last from MS. Clinton.
It bears repeating, that My though is, she and Obama are going to have a parting of the ways over policy, and I think it is going to happen before next spring.
Could be Israel, Pakistan of perhaps the afgan war., and it will divide them to the point she will give up as secretary of state.
That will put her in position to challenge him for the nomination for 2012.
I have felt this all along, and it will be interesting to see if it happens.
I think this will be her last chance because of age.
I think she will go for it.
Bob.

When the sitting political party has not endorsed their current president for re-election?
It appears the President is in deep trouble with the voters.
If the economy is not on a better path by this time next year, is it possible his own party may throw him under the bus, in favor of another candidate?
Bob.

Please....Democrats will surely endorse Obama. There may be a couple that will cross over, but that's all. The current crop of Democrats are just as liberal and as out of touch as Obama, so I don't expect any surprises.

Members online

Back