A Couple of Weekend Projects!

xford

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
First, Performance Brake upgrade. I may need to upgrade the fronts to 320MM once Kumba finishes his detective work. Wonder if RotorPros would work a deal?? Can anyone confirm the Stoptech 950.61503's will work on the rears of my Gen II 2006??

DSCN1256_143-1.jpg

Very happy with the powder coated calipers with Hawk Pads. In person the silver is similar to a dull chrome and glassy smooth. I think the combo will look great with my silver (not chrome) Senta wheels.

DSCN1255_142-1.jpg

Second new plugs. Denso Iridiums

DSCN1260_147.jpg

Wish me luck since a bunch of beer will be consumed :D

Where did you get the calipers coated? Brakesrus?

If the stop tech part number was for rear ss lines, then yes they fit. I have them in all 4 corners

I may need to upgrade the fronts to 320MM once Kumba finishes his detective work.

The brackets are here today. The centric blanks and pads show up tomorrow. If my move goes smooth Saturday and the clean-up on move-out goes well Sunday, I might have an answer for that question on Monday since it's a day off.

Got to see if I can find my jack stand and tools in storage. That stuff always gets buried where you don't expect it. And here's to hoping it's not all rusted (LOL!)

Don't know about the beer, but I'm sure I'll have a few rum-n-cokes before the day is over. Things seem to happen easier that way. :)

Are those the RotorPros rotors? How much does that package cost these days and what did you get?

I will be in the market for new rotors and pads by mid-summer.

Those calipers look great! Wow!

I might just have to paint mine now :D But damn, I just did a full brakejob all-around. I suppose painting while they are on could work.

How much for the SS lines total, if you don't mind me asking?

The rear rotors are the same between the Jaguar and the LS. So, you can order rotors for the "Sport" S-Type and all four rotors will fit on the LS...contingent on the results Kumba comes up with.

Where did you get the calipers coated? Brakesrus?

If the stop tech part number was for rear ss lines, then yes they fit. I have them in all 4 corners

Yes, DiscBrakesrus

Good to know the rears will work. For the Fronts I have 950.61006

The brackets are here today. The centric blanks and pads show up tomorrow. If my move goes smooth Saturday and the clean-up on move-out goes well Sunday, I might have an answer for that question on Monday since it's a day off.:)

I can't wait to hear the result. I considered a Wilwood setup but could not justify the best price I could find (I know someone around here is currently working on a deal). Your solution will be a very stong bang for the buck if it works!

Are those the RotorPros rotors? How much does that package cost these days and what did you get?.

Yes RotorPros. $220 for 4 silver painted rotors and front SS lines. Got pads and rear lines elsewhere.

How much for the SS lines total, if you don't mind me asking?

The front lines were included in the RotorPro package for $220 with the 4 rotors. I had a buddy that had the rears sitting around his shop for some odd reason and I got them for a few rounds of drinks...

Good luck, X! I still need to do my brakes all the way around as well (I bought the full RotorPro's package). I need to check Harbor Freight for some line clamps, as I'm going to take all of the calipers off to apply the G2 paint instead of doing it with them on.

Did the brake upgrade over Memorial Day weekend. Took 3 hours with the help of a buddy. Very happy with the improved feel of the brake pedal and improved stopping power. I still think the brake booster and/or master cylinder is engineered for a "Lincoln Feel" which is a little soft for my taste. My 20" Senta's definately show off the rotors and calipers but with the stock rotor size they continue to look a little undersized. Once I get some wear out of the front pads I think I will do Kumba's Front 12.6" upgrade (not that the extra inch will improve the cosmetics much). I will take some pics with the wheels on and post them up soon.

Rears

DSCN1262_149.jpg

DSCN1263_154.jpg

Fronts

DSCN1267_150.jpg

DSCN1266_151.jpg

Wow very impressive looking brake set-up man! The brake calipers really set off the whole deal good job! Now lets see it with those sexy rims on! By the way the entire underbody of your car is spanking clean! I take it you live somewhere without salt. I'm very jealous my underbody is filth

Wow very impressive looking brake set-up man! The brake calipers really set off the whole deal good job! Now lets see it with those sexy rims on! By the way the entire underbody of your car is spanking clean! I take it you live somewhere without salt. I'm very jealous my underbody is filth

+1! I was thinkin the same thing! Maybe guys like us just need to use some POR15.

Looking forward to doing this when I change out my shocks and springs when I get back. Like those calipers, different from the red. I might have to reconsider.

Very nice set-up How much did the powder coating cost you? If you dont mind me asking.

They cost a pretty penny for all 4.

So they told me for four rotors and front SS lines only it would be $260.00? I thought the OP paid $220.00 for that same deal? I may just go with rotors only.

Very nice set-up How much did the powder coating cost you? If you dont mind me asking.

I dont want to post the price since DiscBrakesrus gave me a quote via email that turned out to be a mistake by an employee. The mananger called me and he stepped up and honored the price. First class operation and I highly recommend them. Powder coating is not overly expensive and you can find local shops that do it.

PICS PICS PICS!!

I just contacted them today for pricing and availablity!

I will snap some this weekend :D

So they told me for four rotors and front SS lines only it would be $260.00? I thought the OP paid $220.00 for that same deal? I may just go with rotors only.

Yes, I paid $220 on 4/20/11 for 4 rotors painted silver and Front StopTech lines.

Members online

No members online now.
Back