Ignition Coils

They looks like wells brand coils.

same ones sold all over ebay.

yeah 2 of my coils went bad i ordered this same set and replaced them all car runs great now espically after that gasket job i did

Well work was cancelled do to rain today. But it work out great for when i got home half an hour later door bell rings. Sure enough it my coils, so now i have installed them. Put scanner on car and cleared codes, take car for a spin and come back and get for code P0308, misfire cylinder 8, P0301, misfire cylinder 1, P0302, misfire cylinder 2 and P0300 misfire all cylinders. So i clear them take it for another drive tramp on it on then highway and get a flashing engine light, pull over resan and clear codes. Drive back home on the highway and now no issues, anyone else change coils and had this happen to them.
Here also them on arrival

IMG_0137.JPG

IMG_0138.JPG

It's weird sometimes it happens also to me..It's ebay coils, you get what you pay for.

I put a set onf Ebay coils on.....get a miss every once in awhile. Intermittent...haven't chased it down or checked the codes yet...

I came across some else that did there coils, and use die electric grease which i also used. for i would not be able to get the boot down. But they also had meantion they put it in the boot also and it made it short. I put alittle wondering if i have the same issue.

Here the post i found
Funny story. I replaced only two coils when I first got the car, noticed that the new coils had dabs of grease in the boot. So I pumped some dielectric grease into the old coils I was reusing.
That was really stupid.
Grease heated up, thinned out, ran down the plugs making a very nice short circuit. Idled like , threw codes.
Took 'em out, cleaned it all up, back to running great.

Well turns out I got to duds, put two of my olds ones back in runs good now. I contacted the sell will see what's comes out of it. Angels12 you said once before you also got some on eBay and two were also duds did you have them replaced. And were you asked to send the duds back. Also made it easy put two of my originals in cylinder one and three so there easy to replace.

We'll finally got the car run right, three out of the eight are duds. Wouldn't think three out of the eight would be duds, but i tried them all in cylinder three and they all misfired. Used that cylinder for easiest one to get at. Contacted the seller but being the weekend probably won't hear anything till Monday. Well eight coils at ninety dollars no big lost for Part Source just like an auto zone told
me hundred just for one.

RockAuto - you can get all 8 Motorcrafts for $400 shipped, duties and taxes in.

Well took along trip another one went, had a friend to my house and bring one last one up. So now i have 2 out of the eight in, driving home and engine throws a code P0302 . One of the ebay coils so, so far 7 out of the eight are crap. But i have no more left guess i will have to go shopping somewhere else. For where i have bought them from have gave me the round around. Asking about have i changed the plugs, and why i think they don't work. I have told them i have changed the plugs and i have done a diagnose on it and told them the codes. So i would say seem like a good deal at the time but !

o/e ford 2W4z-12029-B (DG515) $52.06ea or $416.48 for the set. Considering what you went through it might be just as cheap in the long run.
Max

o/e ford 2W4z-12029-B (DG515) $52.06ea or $416.48 for the set. Considering what you went through it might be just as cheap in the long run.
Max

Hopefully, they are not as "cheap," but they probably will be "less expensive" in the long run.

Hey, I have a list of parts needs coming soon. Could you PM me with your new e-mail address? (Or, does the old one still work?)
Thanks,

Joe, I'm pretty sure if you email his old one, the email will get forwarded to his new one. It happened to me, he replied from his new email when I emailed him to his old one, then just save the new one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back