Looking to purchase first Lincoln

It could be good. You'd have to go look at it and check it over. It doesn't say, but that's a V8. I'm always worried when they say needs TLC. You may need to budget a couple of thousand to get it fixed up.

Yea, I don't know if it's the Sports package or not.. Don't know how to tell. There's no wood grain, so I'd have to get it aftermarket :(

Just contacted the seller and it's getting repaired now.. Waiting to hear back what that actually is.

Yea, I don't know if it's the Sports package or not.. Don't know how to tell. There's no wood grain, so I'd have to get it aftermarket :(

Just contacted the seller and it's getting repaired now.. Waiting to hear back what that actually is.

It's the sport version. (no chrome on bumpers, SST shifter)

I was just thinking... the Gen 1 had really bad issues with the gaskets, coils, ect... How were they after they were fixed? Or was the issues reoccurring?

The gaskets aren't really a problem. To be honest I think its pretty fair that on some of the cars the VCGs go out after 80-100k. Coils well thats just motorcraft crap and really once you spend the money once to do it ALL right you won't have issues. But typically the Gen2 is going to be a better buy especially 03-05 as they back up certain issues with the car. But again those must be 03-05s with under 100k and a V8

Every car is going to have its faults when your buying used. Especially looking for a entry-level luxury sedan for $4-5k.

But typically the Gen2 is going to be a better buy especially 03-05 as they back up certain issues with the car. But again those must be 03-05s with under 100k and a V8

So if i find a 03-05 and a V8 under 100k, I could take it in and get replaced, even if it's not "broken" or whatever?

Well no they're not going to replace them for no reason. But you could pay them to do whats called a bench test on all the coils. Cost me $60 from the Lincoln dealership for them to do. Found 4 faulty coils they normally wouldn't have and they we're replaced under my "aftermarket" warranty.

We really need to know your budget. If you're in the $4K-5K range you will most likely need a high mileage LS. Any LS should last over 200K miles mechanically. The days of cars falling apart at 100K are over. My 2000 V6 has ~172K miles on it. It's my daughter's car now, but I wouldn't hesitate to drive it to the east coast and back. It still runs very well and uses no oil. How long do you plan on keeping it? If you plan on keeping it for a long time, either get a higher mileage LS and budget a new engine in the 225K mileage range or get one with fewer mileage.

That said, ALL 03-05 V6s are non-sport....... ALL 03-06 V8s are have the sport package.

We really need to know your budget. If you're in the $4K-5K range you will most likely need a high mileage LS. Any LS should last over 200K miles mechanically. The days of cars falling apart at 100K are over. My 2000 V6 has ~172K miles on it. It's my daughter's car now, but I wouldn't hesitate to drive it to the east coast and back. It still runs very well and uses no oil. How long do you plan on keeping it? If you plan on keeping it for a long time, either get a higher mileage LS and budget a new engine in the 225K mileage range or get one with fewer mileage.

That said, ALL 03-05 V6s are non-sport....... ALL 03-06 V8s are have the sport package.

Yep, I'm in the $4k-$5k range. Well, I'll graduate college in 2 yrs... And would like for it to last 3-5 yrs after that, if possible (not sure how realistic that is though).

I've questioned if buying a 00-01 and just fixing all the stuff that needs to be fixed would be more sensible in my specific situation. Not sure though.

I like the second one better. Looks to be in better shape. Really nice looking besides the wheels. Why are they charging extra for the warranty to go with it? When I sold my 00 LS Sport V8 last year I got 5500 for it with 119,000 miles on it. There are better deals out there you just need to be patient.

I like the second one better. Looks to be in better shape. Really nice looking besides the wheels. Why are they charging extra for the warranty to go with it? When I sold my 00 LS Sport V8 last year I got 5500 for it with 119,000 miles on it. There are better deals out there you just need to be patient.

For sure, I'm just chillin' out - watchin' and waitin'.

Question: The 03 I drove had a pedal adjustment switch. When did they start adding those in? I'm really short, so all the help I can get would be a blessin'! :lol:

That'd be a good buy! That place does speak english if you want to give them a call. But Chicago makes me nervous as far as buying cars. MY emissions in WI is different than in IL.

That'd be a good buy! That place does speak english if you want to give them a call. But Chicago makes me nervous as far as buying cars. MY emissions in WI is different than in IL.

Great! I'll shoot 'em an email, since there wasn't a number listed.

Do you know about the pedal adjustment? wasn't sure when they started adding that in.

Thanks again!

Great! I'll shoot 'em an email, since there wasn't a number listed.

Do you know about the pedal adjustment? wasn't sure when they started adding that in.

Thanks again!

It's not a question of when. Adjustable pedals is an optional feature. For some years it was part of an option package, other years it was an independent option.

It's not a question of when. Adjustable pedals is an optional feature. For some years it was part of an option package, other years it was an independent option.

It was an '03+ optional addition.

Members online

No members online now.
Back