RotorPros Brake Package Special GB...

bs, do it yourself in about an hour or 2, save the money ! I did mine with my brother and didn't need to buy anything else.

I've got a set of these i was going to install this weekend. Quick question for anyone.

Some auto stores note that the Rear rotor bolt (iirc they called for a nut) is a single use part that should be replaced when removed. But there are none in stock and are calling for 7-10 day delivery, pushing my install back another week.

Did anyone just reuse this part, or any other input on this?

Add a drop of thread locker to the old bolts, torque them to their proper values, they will not fall off.

i got the ebc slotted rotors front and back on my 06 ls with red stuff race pads front and rear

I've got a set of these i was going to install this weekend. Quick question for anyone.

Some auto stores note that the Rear rotor bolt (iirc they called for a nut) is a single use part that should be replaced when removed. But there are none in stock and are calling for 7-10 day delivery, pushing my install back another week.

Did anyone just reuse this part, or any other input on this?

What rear rotor bolt? You mean the brake line caliper bolt? I think they are referring to the copper crush gaskets that goes between the two. That MUST be new. Also note the thickness of the block on the end of the stainless brake line. You may have to shorten the screw so it does not bottom on the piston :eek:

As for mine, I get a faint squeak right before I get to a complete stop, nothing repulsive though. I also have a slight pulsation under moderate to heavy braking, some of which I think is the rotors, and some is the wheels/tires. I remember the brakes feeling much more responsive after I did them. I went with the painted centric (yes you can see the painted areas) plain face rotors and cmax gold ceramic pads. The brake lines are worth the effort IMO.

I didn't buy anything additional other than brake fluid. Everything else was included with the stoptech kit.

I get some of the same pulsating under medium-heavy braking, but nothing to gripe about. They still perform well.

What rear rotor bolt? You mean the brake line caliper bolt? ...

I assumed he was talking about the caliper assembly mounting bolts. The OEM pads come with a set of replacement bolts.

So after reading 8 pages I am still not clear on how much a package for the GEN II would cost and what would be included. Did they discount the 350 price because they can't offer rear SS lines that work?

I know the rear SS lines don't work on an 06.

So if I wanted 4 rotors, posi-quiet semi-metallic pads how much would it be? There are many numbers floating around 350, 370, 325 for various year LSs'?

Is there a difference if I don't care about the SS lines? I will need to replace my original rotors soon and if these are cheaper than OEM than I will get them instead.

I think it was 325 shipped for me with only rear ss line and 350 shipped with front and rear ss lines. The ss lines fit all years. I have them in all four corners after buying the front set from lsk to see if they would fit.

just email him if you want the package. Tell him you saw the deal on lvc and I'm sure he'll still validate the deal

well my brakes are finally shot, im looking to order this deal, is everyone who bought this package still happy, i know its an old thread but ive had it saved for a couple years now lol.

Yes. Make sure to get ss lines for the front and rear

Last month was 2 years since rotor/pad install and I'm down to 4mm on the front and 7mm on the rear. Decent amount of driving for a DD as well so overall they did well.

Got my package on the 15th, (ordered on the 23rd of June...) they had to wait for the SS lines since they were backordered I guess?

Next week is a sink install so maybe the week after it will be rotors/pads/lines!

Just received the package for my 06...cant wait to get it installed.

Went with drilled and slotted, painted black center and the ceramic pads for all four corners. If im not happy with the stopping power ill get the stoptech lines later.

Whats the going rate for a local place to do this like just brakes or meinekie??

Have my own mechanic but he has been pretty busy lately and im not sure if the stealership would install since its not oem. Or they may try to rape my wallet.

All mine came in today as well bought the same as you now I only have to wait to finish the restoration project first lol

Just received the package for my 06...cant wait to get it installed.

Went with drilled and slotted, painted black center and the ceramic pads for all four corners. If im not happy with the stopping power ill get the stoptech lines later.

Whats the going rate for a local place to do this like just brakes or meinekie??

Have my own mechanic but he has been pretty busy lately and im not sure if the stealership would install since its not oem. Or they may try to rape my wallet.

Pretty easy install - did mine myself so it was just the cost of the parts. Never installed the Stoptech lines though. Do these make a noticable difference?

I have been waiting forever for mine to come in. I know they told me 6-10 business days and the Stoptech SS lines have been holding up my order.

Ok, bit of a thread necro but I was looking at getting a rotorpros kit.

Is this the same company?

http://rotorpros.net/

Edit: Hmm. I'm going to assume not. Contacting the email in the original post to see if they're still honoring this group buy deal.

Any other comparable rotor deal you guys know of?

Yes it is look at the number posted in the first post of the thread.

Members online

No members online now.
Back