Best battery for 2000 Lincoln LS

d_kelly_34

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So my battery is no good anymore after sitting all winter. Just looking for some opinions from some guys who have replaced their batteries recently. So any suggestions would be appreciated... thanks again peeps

I went to oreilys and got a vented 750ca for $115.

motorcraft for me although I did get an employee discount so thats the only reason.

I went motorcraft from the dealer, I want to say it was ~$100. I think the v6 and v8 batteries cost the same but the v8 is more powerful so I'd suggest that. Whatever you get make sure you get one that had the vent tube attachment.

I'd also recommend you get a battery maintainer for next winter to prevent this from happening again, they are well worth it IMO.

I went motorcraft from the dealer, I want to say it was ~$100. I think the v6 and v8 batteries cost the same but the v8 is more powerful so I'd suggest that. Whatever you get make sure you get one that had the vent tube attachment.

I'd also recommend you get a battery maintainer for next winter to prevent this from happening again, they are well worth it IMO.

Same battery for V6 or V8. They (gen II anyway) come from the factory with 650 CCA battery. The 750 CCA battery is only about $10 more, so I'd (and I did) get that one.

mine has an optima red top 850cca (i think). got it for 30 bucks, which is the only reason i have it lol. (pricey)

I looked everywhere and had to get mine from FORD. No one carries a battery for this car. Went to PepBoys, O'Reily, AutoZone, NTB and gave up and drove top the nearest FORD house and bought one for $120.00.

+1 on the Optima. Almost 4 years ago now, and no vents and no trouble. (I used the factory vent---out the back--- to hook up to the methanol cell.

KS

Recently bought a 650 vented battery from the L-M dealer for $110. Plenty of juice for an Ohio enduring 02 V8 plus accessories. Previous one lasted 5+ years.

I looked everywhere and had to get mine from FORD. No one carries a battery for this car. Went to PepBoys, O'Reily, AutoZone, NTB and gave up and drove top the nearest FORD house and bought one for $120.00.

really?

Oreilys in my area has two different ones.

Autozone also had one, a duralast gold but way out of my way.

Just out of Curiosity what did you end up going with? I'm debating over a duralast gold (autozone), and a super start extreme (O'Reily)

yeah i went with the yellowtop!!! doin the job so far... gettin my angel eyes back in the mail tomorrow from Soopa009!! thanks bro

Today I got a 880cca 7 yr warranty 3 yr free replacement for $81 at Farm and Fleet.

I picked up the 880 CCA legend series from Napa over the weekend. Fits perfectly, and has the vent. Been running perfectly, with no worries of not starting in the cold like I was a few weeks ago.

2 years on an Optima Red Top. If I would have done my research I would have bought the Yellow Top given the added system.

Today I got a 880cca 7 yr warranty 3 yr free replacement for $81 at Farm and Fleet.

Didn't know those still existed haven't seen one since I was in middle school.

Members online

No members online now.
Back