Thinking about taking the "plunge"

Well the 4.6 is an easier and cheaper engine to work on compared to the 3.9 but theres plenty of info in this section that covers everything you need to know to do things yourself.

See the car in person...pics is one thing but when i saw my LS at the dealer in person i was blown away and had to have it.

How hard is it to work on the car (engine wise)? Because the Mark 8 is a bitch to work on.

well you know how every thing is so crammed in to the engine compartment of the mark? well it didnt get any better thats for sure

What are you going to do with the Mark? I sold my 98 Mark after I bought my LS but I miss it. More fun to drive and you can get sideways from a stop. And with a stock Lincoln that gets 23 mpg or better.

What are you going to do with the Mark? I sold my 98 Mark after I bought my LS but I miss it. More fun to drive and you can get sideways from a stop. And with a stock Lincoln that gets 23 mpg or better.

Sell it. I do plan on coming back to it later in life for a "fun" car. :D

The price is a bit too high. Mid $10,000s is about where it should be, for that particular one.

Good luck.

For two grand more, you can have this one with less than half the miles. http://www.cars.com/go/search/detai...2Nm=miles&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&aff=national

Thats a nice choice but I think it might be too far for me to travel just to maybe look at the car. I live in NE KS. But on the other hand, it does look pretty damn nice. :lol:

Too many miles for me.

There are haters on the Mark VIII and LS side but from someone who has both the LS is a nicer daily driver, handles better and is faster then all but maybe a good running Gen1 Mark VIII though gas mileage is worse.

I think the price is a bit steep, but you'll likely be able to talk them down to something reasonable.

Also, I'm not loving the lack of chrome :( but I like that kind of red.

I think the price is a bit steep, but you'll likely be able to talk them down to something reasonable.

Also, I'm not loving the lack of chrome :( but I like that kind of red.

All 2006 are sport, so no chome on any of the 2006.

I'll offer a differing opinion and say that I like them better without chrome on the bumpers.

I'll offer a differing opinion and say that I like them better without chrome on the bumpers.

Nice. Even Joe is on board with the no chrome. :cool:

I really like that color. Check out LSunV2's threads to see pics of his wheel combinations. Sentas looked amazing on his car.

EDIT: Actually here:

LSOM1.jpg

LSOM8.jpg

what you guys think i could get for mine fully loaded with navi the only thing i dont have is rear heated seats and i only have 44 k

i would say $13k-$15K depending on where you're located and the condition of your car. But start your own thread :p

Members online

No members online now.
Back