Gen 2 Headlight Conversion and Ebay Intake

jolinc01

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I finally got the gen 2 header panel and lights installed on the 01. Started around midnight and finished up about 3:30 am. I had to call a buddy to help bend the passenger side fender so the light would fit, I guess it's tweaked pretty good from the accident a few years ago. We had to loosen all the bolts on the top of the fender to get it to move enough. Anyways, it's done, and I'm pretty happy with it. Also I took some picks of the black powdercoated Insys ebay intake with a K&N dry sock on it.....PICSSS notice there's NO MORE GAP with the LSE bumper.

Intake2.gif

Intake1.gif

Gen2conversion3.gif

Gen2conversion2.gif

Gen2conversion1.gif

I OWE A BIG THANK YOU TO LEASR77 FOR ALL THE HELP THROUGH PM'S.

You're welcome man. Looks good, I'm glad you got them on there.Your LS has really come together and is one of my favorites on the site.

That looks wicked man. Get us some full car pics lol. Have you driven it yet and tested out the new intake?

I also think it looks great man. Just curious what color silver is your LS? The Silver Frost or Silver Birch? Looks frosty to me ;)

You're welcome man. Looks good, I'm glad you got them on there.Your LS has really come together and is one of my favorites on the site.

Thanks it sure has came together this year. I'm still waiting on my buddy to weld on the new tips. I'm looking forward to seeing your car when you get back and get a chance to get all the new parts installed. You're painting it too right?

That looks wicked man. Get us some full car pics lol. Have you driven it yet and tested out the new intake?

Full car pics are coming soon. It's been raining for a few days, when it drys up I'll get some quick shots. I've had the intake on for roughly a month. There's more throttle response and noise. When you rev the car you get the typical cai sound. Also, If you look at the pic of the filter you can see my heat shield made from 3/8" plexi. It's not really pretty (yet, painting it when it stops raining) but it works.

I also think it looks great man. Just curious what color silver is your LS? The Silver Frost or Silver Birch? Looks frosty to me ;)

Thanks! Paint code TS, Silver Frost.

Thats what I thought. Frost all the way baby! I love this silver and I'm so happy I don't have the Birch.

Thanks it sure has came together this year. I'm still waiting on my buddy to weld on the new tips. I'm looking forward to seeing your car when you get back and get a chance to get all the new parts installed. You're painting it too right?
Full car pics are coming soon. It's been raining for a few days, when it drys up I'll get some quick shots. I've had the intake on for roughly a month. There's more throttle response and noise. When you rev the car you get the typical cai sound. Also, If you look at the pic of the filter you can see my heat shield made from 3/8" plexi. It's not really pretty (yet, painting it when it stops raining) but it works.

Thanks! Paint code TS, Silver Frost.

Yea man I'm getting the hold thing painted. I got lucky and found an 02 LSE rear valence panel last year from a member on here. I'm trying to find some 06 LSE side skirts or I might just paint the ones that are on there now. Trust me there will be plenty pics posted once I start.

Looks sweet.

gen II lights look way more modern dont they?

question.. when you put the bumper on without bending the fender what problems did you run into?? because i have a gen 2 ls with a lse bumper but my headlight are not fitted right with spaces between hood and headlight just doesn't look the same

gen II and they dont fit right?

It may have been wrecked and repaired.

Looks great jolinc
D
Oskiny- make sure the bumper is on correctly with all the tabs all the way in. You shouldn't have a gap if its a Gen2 with a gen2 lse bumper.

very nicely done looks awesome, Hows the intake as far quality?

Looks great jolinc
D
Oskiny- make sure the bumper is on correctly with all the tabs all the way in. You shouldn't have a gap if its a Gen2 with a gen2 lse bumper.

thats what i thought i guess am just going to take it to the dealer ship and let them fix it because the guys that put it on don't know what the :q:q:q:q they doing

It's really easy to take off, I was shocked when I installed mine. 4 bolts, I beleive, the rest are tabs that just hold it in place.

Jolinc- do you like the blue on the intake tube? I would paint it to make it blend in with the rest of it.

Looks sweet.

gen II lights look way more modern dont they?

Thanks, and it made a huge difference just changing out the headlights

Headlights look great, Joe! You plan on putting angels in them?

I'm really on the fence about angel eyes. I like them but I'm not sure I want to spend the money on them.

Man silver LS with gen2 front end is incredibly sexay!!!

Thanks, that means alot coming from someone with an LS like yours.

very nicely done looks awesome, Hows the intake as far quality?

The quality is alright. I'm not really impressed with the plastic nipples that came with it. They use a piece of silicone tube to hold the tubes on instead of factory connections. I've been thinking about gluing the silicone to the nipple to hold it better. They also don't seat flush in the holes on the intake tube. Other wise I'm happy with it.

Looks great jolinc.

Jolinc- do you like the blue on the intake tube? I would paint it to make it blend in with the rest of it.

Thanks, like I said to Drizz. It means alot coming from someone with an LS like yours. I asked for black couplers, but he was out of them. I'm thinking about painting the raised lines and letters blue to tie it together better.

Members online

Back