Need help finding trunk light fuse QUICK

STLsport

LVC Member
Reaction score
Please don't refer me to the manual because I have it right in front of my face and it doesn't have it listed. It would be a lot easier if they could just call it "trunk light" instead of "rear interior lamp storage light" or whatever ridiculous thing it's listed as.

The light will not go off. It is fire hot. I don't even care about the battery, I'm worried about it being a fire hazard.

Help would be appreciated.

^^^^ Ya pull the bulb or just unplug it. Did you try fuse 5 in the trunk fuse box, Courtesy and Map lamp.

Idk what it is but take the bulb out for now if you can.

Yeah I ended up just unhooking it. At first it didn't look like a simple detach, but it was.

I have had the "trunk ajar" light on ever since I bought it 2 months ago. Something isn't closing all the way, so it's probably related to the light staying on. I tried spraying wd-40 in the latch, but it did nothing. I'll probably have to take it in to have someone look at it.

I just didn't want to wake up in the morning to a pile of ashes in the garage... or to an explosion.

Ummm.. Have you checked the trunk closed lever that operates the light and the message you are seeing?

If the trunk is opened, it will on your top left, should be a little pin that has a rubber boot on it, probably ripped. Or in your case, the pin may be broken off if you haven't found it by now...

Ummm.. Have you checked the trunk closed lever that operates the light and the message you are seeing?

If the trunk is opened, it will on your top left, should be a little pin that has a rubber boot on it, probably ripped. Or in your case, the pin may be broken off if you haven't found it by now...

What he said...

Also, the trunk light will go off anyway several minutes after you turn the key off and last disturb the car (open/close a door or whatever).

I have had the "trunk ajar" light on ever since I bought it 2 months ago. Something isn't closing all the way, so it's probably related to the light staying on. I tried spraying wd-40 in the latch, but it did nothing. I'll probably have to take it in to have someone look at it.

are you sure that the trunk is actually not closing, and not a problem with trunk pin?

I see the pin with the rubber boot. It's still there, and the rubber is still on it. Is there anything else to look for?

are you sure that the trunk is actually not closing, and not a problem with trunk pin?

The pin looked fine, so i don't know. I mean it closes, and it's secure, it's not opening unless I pop it. So I'm assuming it's closing fine.

I read on here after searching the topic that spraying wd-40 on the latch could fix it. But I tried that with no luck. Although, someone in that thread said that wd-40 is junk and PB blaster works much better. So I might have to pick some up.

I see the pin with the rubber boot. It's still there, and the rubber is still on it. Is there anything else to look for?

Push the pin in the rubber boot all the way down and hold it. Does the trunk ajar message go away? If so, the switch is working and either it or the trunk latch needs to be adjusted. If not, then either the switch is bad, the wiring to the switch is bad, or the REM has a fault.

T.... Although, someone in that thread said that wd-40 is junk and PB blaster works much better. So I might have to pick some up.

Either one will wash all the needed lubricating oil/grease out of the mechanism. You'll need to spray a good lube in after using WD-40/PB-blaster or you'll have problems later.

Members online

No members online now.
Back