starting issue

d_kelly_34

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright so I replaced the battery in my car with a yellow top optima for my sound system that's going to installed in a week. My car sits for the winter in the garage and it wouldnt start right away after I tried to get it to start when I brought it out it wouldn't start at all. One is my friends is a mechanic he told me it was the fuel pump and I replaced the fuel pump and it starts now but when I go to start it, it takes like 5 or 6 times to turn the ignition for it to start. What do you think this could be? I also put the lucas fuel treatment in it because they referred that to me when my car wouldnt start at all.

If your only problem now is that it takes a while to start, then it is probably the check valve in the fuel pump assembly.

Turn the key to run and listen for the fuel pump. When the sound of the fuel pump stops, turn the key off and back to run. Repeat this a few times and on the last time turn the key all the way to start and see if it starts right away. If it does, then the check valve is a good suspect.

If your only problem now is that it takes a while to start, then it is probably the check valve in the fuel pump assembly.

Turn the key to run and listen for the fuel pump. When the sound of the fuel pump stops, turn the key off and back to run. Repeat this a few times and on the last time turn the key all the way to start and see if it starts right away. If it does, then the check valve is a good suspect.

+1 also look into replacing your fuel pump relay.

I've search'd, google'd, and yahoo'd where the check valve is in the fuel pump.... can anyone help me??

Members online

No members online now.
Back