New member introduction, and some questions...

LSSPORT973

LVC Member
Reaction score
First off I think that LVC is a great site full of useful information and members. I bought a silver 2000 Lincoln Ls V8 Sport in October and have been through the usual issues. Three coils, all the spark plugs, and the valve cover gaskets. I know now not to go back to the dealership with these issues but that's another story. But now the car is running smooth and its time to start modding and fixing some issues. I already have one mod thanks to Mlara1129, the Senta wheels. I'm also looking to get angel eyes with clear side markers and turn signals.

First question is, is this set of headlights worth buying off Ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Second question is are these CCFL'S a good buy? I'm want my eyes to be strong at night as well as in the daytime...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/00-0...its=Make:Lincoln|Model:LS&hash=item230f5e8da5

Third question is does anyone know where to get a latch for the armrest in black? Not the one that closes it shut, but the screwed in one at the base of the console. The dealership wants to charge me $105 for the whole thing.

Fourth question is the lights on the trunk that illuminate the license plate are loose and I believe broken. Are there anyway to fix them or do they have to be replaced?

Fifth question is the auto dim fluid in my rear view mirror stays dark. I found a second gen at the junkyard will it work?

Thanks for bearing with all my questions I just didn't want to introduce my self until everything was up and smooth.

Pics: Nevermind the dirt. LOL.

I been looking to buy the same setup. Just not sure if anyone on here has them and what do they think about them.

idk about the ebay lights n all, but im pretty sure the armrest latches are pretty much always black. u can check ebay for that if u havent already.

led angel eyes are your best bet. search ebay for orion v2 angel eyes or similar

car looks nice. what part of newark are u in. im up in east orange quite often

:W to :V

Woa.. The headlights, people have had problems with the leaking.. The CCFL, you can get LEDs and they are brighter and last longer.. The latch, I may be able to hook you up but you would have to give me some time.. The lights, pull the carpet off the inside of the trunk and then you can get to them.. 5th, search.. I know there is a thread but I'm too lazy at the moment..

:W. I have those headlights and my personal experience with them has been positive. The only complaint is the weather stripping where the hood meets the light came off so I gorilla glued it in place better than when I got them. But no leaking from them.

Welcome.

I dont think you can use gen2 mirror on a gen1, forgot why.

WOAH just saw your thread, thanks for the shout out! lol

How are those sentas treating you? and the car is looking sick! (Do something about those pics, too lazy to click on them lol)

IDK if you saw my most recent thread, but i picked up a new (to me) set of wheels and they should have some rubber on them in the next couple of weeks, so we should def get together and do that photo-shoot soon.

Anyway WELCOME! im glad youre finally posting, Im sure youll find all the info you could possibly need here.

Welcome to the LS crew. I am liking the wheels a lot. Hard to beat Sentas on silver.

Also are you fond of the pinstripe?

Welcome to the site. I have found a place where I get all the "stock" items I cannot find, like all the "nickle and dime" little stuff. The prices are fair and I know they have what I need. I am sure they have the "latch" you are looking for. I just got a complete batterty box and all the hardware for it from them. Got to the house in 2 days.

www.newfordparts.com

Check em out. No I don't work for them!!

The wheels are treating me great Mlara but dodging these potholes is a hassle. LOL. In regards to the pinstripe Andrizzle, I like it. I haven't seen to many silver LS's with one. And last Dj I checked out that site, but there are no pictures and I'm worried I would order the wrong thing. SMH.

The wheels are treating me great Mlara but dodging these potholes is a hassle. LOL. In regards to the pinstripe Andrizzle, I like it. I haven't seen to many silver LS's with one. And last Dj I checked out that site, but there are no pictures and I'm worried I would order the wrong thing. SMH.

If you look on the menu, click on console, when the parts list comes up it will say illustration in the part description box. They show an "exploded view" of all the parts. I felt the same way about the battery box I bought.

try this link in your browser....

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/...lision=1&items=none&image=KD00700&catid=10075

Yes welcome to LVC! your ride looks realy nice & I also have those headlights but I opened them & installed angel eyes & sealed them up my self. So if that's what you plan on then you shouldn't worry if they leak since you will seal them up your self.

Welcome to Lvc i did the same as Villalta and Gorilla glued as them as well and no problem since.

IMG_7060.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back