96 Marm VIII

Lincolntech

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I just wanted to get your opinion of this Mark. I used to have a 98 LSC but sold it to get an LS. I really miss my Mark and I generally like th 2nd gen the best but this 96 is really clean and low miles. I'm really considering this car and may call the dealer with an offer. $7900 is too much so I thought I would get your opinions. I hope this link works. If not let me know. Thanks for your help.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0513540245&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I don't care what kind of Marm it is, 7900.00 is overkill, that BIOTCH better give bolwjobs ever time you drive it.

I agree 100%. I just don't know what to offer or if they will even come down.

That Mark has been on E-Bay forever now. They are just asking way too much for it and that is why it won't sell. I posted that car on one of my threads concerning low mileage Marks, but kicked it because of the price.

Throw him a offer of $2500.00 and let them come back at ya with something ;) You can always go up, but never back down.

Remember 96's are oddball.

yes. so keep this in the back of your head when thinking about certain replacement parts. G1 guys will chime in and let you know exactly which ones.

8k is WAY to much..You can get a 98 g2 with the same miles for prob less. That car is 5k max retail in my book. But if you have 5-6k you can get a nice lowish mile g2 lsc. Pass on it.

220px-Marmot-edit1.jpg

The marmots are a genus, Marmota, of squirrels. There are 14 species in this genus.

Marmots are generally large ground squirrels. Those most often referred to as marmots tend to live in mountainous areas such as the Alps, northern Appenines, Eurasian steppes, Carpathians, Tatras, and Pyrenees in Europe and northwestern Asia; the Rocky Mountains, Black Hills, the Cascades, and Sierra Nevada in North America; and the Deosai Plateau in Pakistan and Ladakh in India. The groundhog, however, is also properly called a marmot, while the similarly-sized but more social prairie dog is not classified in the genus Marmota but in the related genus Cynomys.

Marmots typically live in burrows (often within rockpiles, particularly in the case of the Yellow-bellied Marmot), and hibernate there through the winter. Most marmots are highly social, and use loud whistles to communicate with one another, especially when alarmed.

Marmots mainly eat greens and many types of grasses, berries, lichens, mosses, roots and flowers.

my father told me a long time ago that there is a ass for every seat

...is it worth $7900 probably not but an offer of $2500 is down right insulting...realisticly the car is worth 5G..of course if it is as clean inside as it looks outside...really depends what you are ultimately looking for: is this car going to be kept 100% stock or are mods in the future...if mods are your game plan I would find something cheaper...all my opinion.

Never buy Marks from dealers. They are stubborn, and do not budge from the prices that they have them advertised for. Marks at dealers are for schmucks that want to pay monthly payments. I can build you a nice 96 for half that price.

Without a dealer we wouldn't be driving the cars we drive.

Remember 96's are oddball.

yes. so keep this in the back of your head when thinking about certain replacement parts. G1 guys will chime in and let you know exactly which ones.

I've got a '96, so I'd certainly appreciate this info as well. Have to drive up to Helena to pick up a door to replace the one that the punks across the street backed into, but I'd sure like to know if all the Gen1 doors are compatible first. :confused:

I am not referring to all cars in general, Just Mark VIII's. You don't want to be financing a 13 - 18 year old car, unless you bought it a Barrett Jackson auction. Dealers just dont know what we know about these cars.

I've got a '96, so I'd certainly appreciate this info as well. Have to drive up to Helena to pick up a door to replace the one that the punks across the street backed into, but I'd sure like to know if all the Gen1 doors are compatible first. :confused:

its mostly some engine stuff. the 96s are odb2 so a few parts are different. i know the imrc's were changed and they may have had better valve springs.

doors and interior are the same still.

its mostly some engine stuff. the 96s are odb2 so a few parts are different. i know the imrc's were changed and they may have had better valve springs.

doors and interior are the same still.

Whew, thanks!

first off, its a dealer, second, its been for sale forever, third if they think its worth 7900, then run for the hills because you'll never haggle with them to what its realistically worth, they think its worth 8 g's, we think its worth 3,500 roughly, you will never even come close to a price you can agree on. keep this in your mind too, my buddy nick bought a 98 mark that he spotted covered in a garage at an estate sale, the car wasnt advertised in the sale but he asked the family if he could look at it, he opened the door and the car was brand new, he asked for the keys to see the miles on it, when he turned the key he nearly fell over, the car had 15,900 miles on it, this was 3 years ago, he asked the daughter of the deceased how much for the car? she looked at her husband and said we'd like 5 grand for it, nick owned the car 40 minutes later.

markVIIImeet061.jpg

whats the point of the story? i wouldnt even waste the phone call on that 96, they are already way out of their mind on that car. who cares if it has 40k on it, its still 15 years old, and its a 96, and getting certain parts for it is even harder now as it gets older.

ICRM's (tho you can swap the 93-95 intake and plates on, and have the code disabled)

VCRM

PCM

are the one's I am familiar with being 96 specific.

first off, its a dealer, second, its been for sale forever, third if they think its worth 7900, then run for the hills because you'll never haggle with them to what its realistically worth, they think its worth 8 g's, we think its worth 3,500 roughly, you will never even come close to a price you can agree on. keep this in your mind too, my buddy nick bought a 98 mark that he spotted covered in a garage at an estate sale, the car wasnt advertised in the sale but he asked the family if he could look at it, he opened the door and the car was brand new, he asked for the keys to see the miles on it, when he turned the key he nearly fell over, the car had 15,900 miles on it, this was 3 years ago, he asked the daughter of the deceased how much for the car? she looked at her husband and said we'd like 5 grand for it, nick owned the car 40 minutes later.

markVIIImeet061.jpg

whats the point of the story? i wouldnt even waste the phone call on that 96, they are already way out of their mind on that car. who cares if it has 40k on it, its still 15 years old, and its a 96, and getting certain parts for it is even harder now as it gets older.

I had no idea you knew Ponch from CHiPS.

Thanks for your opinions. As far as parts and any kind of work the car will need is not really a problem for me since I work for a Ford dealer. We have access to Vintage parts and I can do any work myself. I called the dealer and they won't go more than $100 under the ebay price. That is rediculous. I was thinking $4000 max. I will just hold out for a nice 2nd Gen. There is no hurry. Just miss the Mark.

Members online

Back