weird overheating problem

dott

LVC Member
Reaction score
what will make the antifreeze of a 01 lincoln ls V6 overflow the overflow tank and start bubbling? funny thing is that when it starts to over heat ill put the heater to 90, full blast and itll go down it wont go to normal operation temp but itll cool it down :confused:

The first suspect should be the hydraulic fan. Here's a quick and dirty way to see if it is likely to be the cause. Get out on the highway and drive at 60 MPH or higher for at least ten minutes. If it doesn't overheat while at 60 MPH or higher, then the fan is probably the problem. If it does over heat while at 60 (not just after you stop), then it's not likely to be the fan.

The next suspect is that your degas bottle and/or some of the other plastic cooling system parts are cracked. This lets air in and prevents the system from pressurizing.

It could be your thermostat.

It could be the airflow across the radiator is blocked by dirt between it and the AC condenser.

It could be that water flow through the radiator is some how blocked.

BTW, this "weird overheating" is covered in about a hundred threads on this site. A little searching may help you out.

Does the fan run at a high speed?

mine is electric but it always ran high and i had an overheating issue once. added some coolant and it went away but the fan remained loud. had a flush done and replaced the thermostat and now the fan runs perfect.

yea i looked at 100 threads about it and i did everything i actually put an eletric fan in and cleaned the radiator and bleed the system and got a new degas bottle and it was fine for a lil and im sure the winter had something to do wit the car not over heating but now its back to square one so instead of going through all the threads again i rather jus get advice on my own problem

yea i looked at 100 threads about it and i did everything i actually put an eletric fan in and cleaned the radiator and bleed the system and got a new degas bottle and it was fine for a lil and im sure the winter had something to do wit the car not over heating but now its back to square one so instead of going through all the threads again i rather jus get advice on my own problem

So why didn't you mention all these things in first post?

What size electric fan did you put?

I'll ask again...
Does it overheat while driving 60 MPH, or does it only overheat at idle or slow speeds?

If you answer the questions posed and give out all related information, we can help. Otherwise, I am not interested in spending time on this.

my bad i should of went into more detail about my problem but it would over heat if im going 60 or jus intown driving but the problem came up today....its the degas bottle again i took it out before cuz i suspected it was the problem but didnt see anything but this time for sure i know it is cuz coolant jus started coming for the driving side like it did before but i got a question this is my fan http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HDA-3700/
is that enough CFM to cool a v6?

Members online

Back