Sometimes it's good to be bad

Tru-Blu

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Today was a pretty crappy day at work - although I did get my wheel locks and hub rings in. So, in the middle of the afternoon I said "screw it, I'm going home." It was raining pretty hard most of the day, and I knew I should wait - but I decided to be bad and mount the wheels. I couldn't wait any longer.

I think they worked out great - definitely achieved the look I was going for. A 5 spoke would be more aggressive, but I think these wheels still project some class with a bit of attitude. They fit perfect - wide enough to give it a good stance, and the offset was high enough to fit nicely within the wells.

Even though it was pouring out, I had to take her for an inaugral spin - just to make sure that there was no rubbing on turns, etc. She rides a LOT better than I thought she would, too. No vibrations (at least up to 55 - I'll get her up to 85 on the highway tomorrow) and not hardly any different in stiffness than the stockers. I really like the Hankook V12's.

I decided to snap a few quick pics - it was still pouring and the car was filthy, but I didn't care. I was supposed to wait to mount these until I put the RotorPros on and paint the calipers, but sometimes it's good to be bad. :cool:

P1000721.jpg

P1000720.jpg

P1000719.jpg

P1000722.jpg

PURE SEX!!!!!! I wish I could find a set of those! What are they and size of them? And why Have I not seen this car around? I work in lambertville and never seen it?

I just realized I should have just put the pics in the Official Pic Thread (what a dufus).

I bought the wheels from WheelMatic (www.wheelmatic.com). They have an Ebay storefront. Got a killer deal on them - $530 shipped.

The wheels are from HR Racing (never heard of them before, but I think they're in Oz-land down under). I think they're called Model 20 - and are 19's. What attracted me to them was the offset (+48mm) and the fact that the wife really liked them (always helps in the purchase justification dept). I also wanted to get away from a total chrome rim, but actually like the chrome lip with the hyper-silver center.

At some point, I may try to paint them to match the car, but that would be a fairly adventurous job to get a quality spray and remove the fake bolt heads.

66, there should be another set of these for sale on Ebay. When I bought these, they had 4 sets available. They were down to 2 sets last week. I don't think I've seen you running around town, either. I really wished I could have caught you before you sold that pair of HID headlight assemblies - could have picked them up from you locally.

Last edited:
Now you just need to paint your keypad body color.

Looks very sweet!

Looks good. And no, anytime an LS gets new wheels, a new thread is preferred! :D

That looks like alot of rubber, what size V12s you got on there?

that looks damn good bro, but now you just jinxed it and we're gonna get another big snow storm sometime this year.

I'm pretty sure this is why 19" is the perfect size, with that drop

NICE! I think I would paint the lip silver to match the spokes, but that' just me. Looks great either way!

Thanks all!

Drizz, the kickers are 255/35/19's. I actually wanted to go 255/40/19 but the speedo would have been off more and was concerned that it might be too much.

new tires mlara. 4*190+540=1300

Very nice.... I've been looking at getting a set of the Hankook V12s as well...

Members online

No members online now.
Back