superchips 1725 problem?

purelux

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got this tuner and i am getting a p1000 code which i believe is due to needing to be driven since resetting the pcm. However I did drive it maybe a mile or so after the tune and it seems to be shifting odd when going 3-2 downshifting and if you a bit heavier on the throttle up to about 50. It seems laggy when giving it more gas as opposed to light then it keeps revving not as smooth as normal longer than before then finally shifts like 5-6k. Do i need to pop the battery for a bit or just drive it a bit and it will relearn. I did the superchips program and did not alter it except for raising speed limiter. I do have a bit off sized tires 215-65-60 for my winter tires vs 225-60-16 stock. Only add ons to the car are the msd 4 tower coil packs and the silencer removal on the air intake. Car has about 130k on it and trans fluid replaced about 20k ago with redline synthetic.

I was thinking that but being a tuner and not just a chip you plug in written for a certain catch code it should be reading it right.

It scans it and checks that and vin when you connect it and locks to that for tuning then you can use it for diagnostic on the 96-03 ford 4.6 for diagnostic. I tried changing the 1-2 shift back to stock and leaving the others how the superchips performance tune is set since that is where it only seems to act up.

Well... no use trying to help you out. You seem to know more about handheld tuners/tunes/aftermarket performance than someone who's spent more on tunes than most people spend on brand new cars.

A tuner will lock to a vehicle's VIN, yes. But the lock function only applies to tuning that vehicle. You can use it as a CEL scanner on other vehicles. You just can't tune another vehicle with one unless it's unlocked or it has more than one vehicle license.

Accept the fact that you may have bought a tune for the wrong catch code.

Wow way overly hostile all I was saying is what superchips said is that it scans your pcm through its database if your code is not in it the scanner tells you error and says to send in for update. I understand about catch codes what you mean but I know of several people with this scanner who used it on multiple vehicles after resetting back to factory on a car they sold. Also you never mentioned your experience with them so how would I know. Also tuner isn't one thing to learn so experience with 1 wouldn't necessarily carry over. Ie someone with 30 years working on say 80s 90s fords wouldn't know say how to tune up a 67 charger hemi as well as possible.

Wow way overly hostile

Want "hostile"? Well ok....

Tell me, are you generally this thick headed, or is this a new thing for you? Are you an idiot, or di you just play one in real life?

all I was saying is what superchips said is that it scans your pcm through its database if your code is not in it the scanner tells you error and says to send in for update.

Right. Because software and electronics have never been known to be buggy.

I understand about catch codes what you mean but I know of several people with this scanner who used it on multiple vehicles after resetting back to factory on a car they sold.

Ok. And I know people who bought cars that were a money hole for their previous owners, yet they were perfectly trouble free vehicles for the enw owners. What's your point?

When you do the math and calculate the odds of how many people tune their cars with the very limited number of catch codes, the odds are good they'll work.

Also you never mentioned your experience with them so how would I know.

Want to know my experience with tuners? I'll just say that I forgot more about them than you'll ever know. What did you expect, my full tuner experience résumé before I reply to your thread?

Also tuner isn't one thing to learn so experience with 1 wouldn't necessarily carry over.

Huh? I thought I had a pretty good grasp of the English language and that I was pretty good at de-cyphering poorly constructed sentences, but that last sentence made no sense.

[/quote]
Ie someone with 30 years working on say 80s 90s fords wouldn't know say how to tune up a 67 charger hemi as well as possible.[/QUOTE]

Oh dear God...

Maybe you should educate yourself on the subject of tuning before you end up blowing up your engine or tranny.

Wow i hope you're thick headed because if you're like this in real life i'm sure you get a bat swung at you about every other day. I guess you're quote says it all so all I can say is if i were lost in the desert I would rather die than simply ask you which way to go. Also no need to blaspheme.

Wow i hope you're thick headed because if you're like this in real lifei'm sure you get a bat swung at you about every other day.

Eh. Usually I get shot at every day at work. It's more exciting than a bat.
That, and I get to beat up on Marines.

I guess you're quote says it all so all I can say is if i were lost in the desert I would rather die than simply ask you which way to go.

"Your"*. Learn the difference between the two words. Might make you come across a bit smarter. ;)

As far as being lost in the desert... Well... if you were to get lost in the desert, you probably deserve it. At the very minimum, you should have water and a map - compass is optional. Knowing how to read the stars to find your location on that map also helps. I don't recommend going into a desert unprepared. But... chances are, I would save your dumb ass from dying in the desert. I may not look at death the same way as most people do, but I do have morals. As such, I'd most likely save you from dying in that hypothetical desert.

Also no need to blaspheme.

Jesus, forking Christ! I will "blaspheme" all I want. Who in hell died and made you my little religious conscience? How dare you push your religious ideals upon me by telling me there's no need for blasphemy? Mind your own Gods and I'll mind mine. Ok? OK.

If possible can you go back all stock, put the old program back in? I would try that first to see if problems go away.

Went back to stock program for now. I found another who had the exact same problem on a 97 conti and after a reburn of the tuner at superchips worked fine so hopefully the same should work for me. Only thing i'm wondering is how much if any charge to reburn since i'm not the original owner.

Its superchips. There's your problem.

I would like to get a sct tune there is a dealer in my area with a dyno who does custom tunes, mostly on fords as well as performance suspension gearing etc... Only reason I went this route is thanks to the lovely weather and a dodge pickup I now need a new windshield and some bodywork from the salt shortly. However I probably would have just waited a while and gone the SCT route in the first place had I known that trans pressure isn't adjusted/adjustable on the 1725. I was hoping for a bit of a performance boost as well as firmer shifts to reduce slip on the ATX.

Finally got ahold of superchips all they said was it wouldn't even try to tune if the code didn't match. I did finally get the codes i was getting thrown (both front 02's) and p1000 since it couldn't learn because of the 02 codes) to go away. Sealed a small exhaust leak between 1 of the cats and the exhaust where they came together. I tried the tune again after they stayed cleared for more than a few days like before. Still doesn't work right in 1st gear. If you drive very slow it seems ok, but if you step on it to any real amount it boggs and revs then seems better after around 4K. I tried putting it in 1 st and it still does it. If its in drive does the same thing but also shifts wrong. Since superchips won't do anything for me i'll prob just sell it. The only thing I can think of is the msd 4's are causing a problem as I don't think the silencer removal(cold air) would cause it. Plus I don't have the old parts left to swap in and don't want to buy them again just to check.

Members online

No members online now.
Back