Have you had to replace your wiper motor?

Dan Ro

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
My wipers have been operating SUPER slowly as of lately. Has anyone had to replace their motor before? Is it easy or tough to get to and where did you buy it? I checked out Rock Auto.

Sounds like a voltage problem. I'd test for proper voltage before I replaced it if I were you.

I had the same thing happen to mine, finally they stopped operating entirely. The problem with mine ended up being the "wiper transmission"- where the shaft goes through the mount it had started to corrode really bad. The motor in mine ended up being just fine. However you can't buy the transmission separately anymore- need a transmission, you get a motor too. You can however get the motor alone. That is the route I went before I tore it down; expecting it to be the motor. I never returned my separate motor when I ordered the assembly.

If you DO need a motor, PM me and I'll sell you mind for less than cost just to get rid of it. BUT, pull the transmission out first, remove the motor and make sure the transmission has not seized. I'm talking mine seized so bad it was totally immobile. There are some spots that are a bit of a pain in removing it, but it's not really difficult.

I had the same thing happen to mine, finally they stopped operating entirely. The problem with mine ended up being the "wiper transmission"- where the shaft goes through the mount it had started to corrode really bad. The motor in mine ended up being just fine. However you can't buy the transmission separately anymore- need a transmission, you get a motor too. You can however get the motor alone. That is the route I went before I tore it down; expecting it to be the motor. I never returned my separate motor when I ordered the assembly.

If you DO need a motor, PM me and I'll sell you mind for less than cost just to get rid of it. BUT, pull the transmission out first, remove the motor and make sure the transmission has not seized. I'm talking mine seized so bad ilt was totally immobile. There are some spots that are a bit of a pain in removing it, but it's not really difficult.
Thanks, will check that out.

If you DO need a motor, PM me and I'll sell you mind for less than cost just to get rid of it. BUT, pull the transmission out first, remove the motor and make sure the transmission has not seized. I'm talking mine seized so bad it was totally immobile. There are some spots that are a bit of a pain in removing it, but it's not really difficult.
It really seems to be this because I just bumped the wipers when putting my blinker on and it barely moved. I pulled over and moved them physically and it was very difficult but all of a sudden hit an easy spot and then became difficult again.

I replaced one and it wasn't easy but considering I did it, it wasn't too hard either. You can do it

Until I can get to this I am certainly making sure that my windshield is all Rain-Xed up.

I replaced one and it wasn't easy but considering I did it, it wasn't too hard either. You can do it

Everything is disconnected but I can't seem to pull it out. There doesn't seem to be any room anyway that I have tried.

Members online

No members online now.
Back