Superchips 1725 Programmer Install

01continental

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Today I installed the Superchips 1725 program today on my '01 Conti. that I purchased from an unsold Ebay seller for $110 shipped. First I would like to thank previous posters that posted how to disconnect the fuel pump. I used the fuel pump reset disconnect in the driver's B pillar. It only took about 5 min. for my wife and I to remove the lower B pillar trim and removing the small connector at the bottom of the fuel pump reset button. After plugging in the programmer into the OBD II conector I chose to use the Superchip performance default program. I don't know enough about trans. pressures and shift points to manually adjust them. In my area only 87, 89 and 93 octane fuels are available. I was already using 93 octane. It took about 10 min. for the programmer to save my stock program and load the performance program with no custom settings from me. I have to admit that I was not expecting much difference from stock. Man was I wrong. The Conti. REALLY woke up. On my first WOT from stop the tires actually chirped when going into 2nd gear. The trans. shifts much cleaner/firmer without being too much. My wife would had told me if it was, she drives the car sometimes and doesn't like a shift that is too firm. We coudn't believe the performance difference. The car is REALLY a performance car now. It is the best buy I have ever made for ANY of my MANY cars. Superchips advertises about +18hp and +25lb.ft. of torque for the Conti. This must be at the wheels because the difference in performance is almost like I was using NOS over the stock performance. I just thought I would share this info. and let anybody know to keep your eye out on Ebay for one of these because it will be the best buy per horsepower you could possibly make. The 1725 retails for about $325-$400 but there is a new one on Ebay right now for $222 and keep your eye out for a used one in the $100 range.
NOTE: REALLY BE CAREFUL ABOUT BUYING USED PROGRAMMERS-THEY CAN BE VIN LOCKED-THIS IS WHY I ADVISE USING EBAY AND PAYPAL-AT LEAST THERE IS SOME PROTECTION THERE.

Thanks for the tip just got one on ebay using paypay for 125 checked to be sure he had returned to stock so it wasn't vin locked which he did. Can't wait to get it hoping to help the shifting mainly as well as a bit of hp/mpg kick. Also nice to be able to scan and clear codes myself.

I have a 1997 continental however someone thought it wouldn't be noticed to include a 1996 manual. Problem is the high current fuses are not the same and the fuel pump which I need to disconnect is not listed on the lid. Would removing the connector for the fuel pump cutoff in the trunk work the same to disable the pump as removing the fuse like the manual for the 1725 tuner says to.

I thought the tune had to be written with a specific ECU calibration strategy (catch code) in mind?

Every time I've had a car tuned, the calibration strategy of the ECU was the first thing that was looked at. And I've had me a few cars that were tuned. Some with box tunes, most on a proper dyno.

Either you completely lucked out, or I was misinformed.

Members online

Back