BWD/Intermotor or Duralast Coil???

themiz69

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i need to pick some of these bad boys up ASAP and im just curious as to which would be better? the BWD come from Advance Auto and the Duralast comes from Autozone of course. so any thoughts? id like to order tonight! and should i replace the boots while im at it? im having a hard enough time locating the pvc elbow and valve lol.

PS- Autozone ran the code and it said "Ignition Coil C"

Ignition Coil C? Did they give you an exact code?

Most come with the boot already attached.. I don't have experience with either so I can't help you there

Well I learned something today.. I didn't know that was even a code.. But from the sounds of that code, you defiantly need new coils.. The rest I have no clue about because it sounds like you have a v6.. :cool:

That would mean that the primary and secondaries are shorted and that is what is causing your misfire (quite common with the LS coils).. What kind of warranty do they come with?

For what it's worth, I have 5 BWD coils on my car, and they are made in the USA. I doubt the AZ stuff is. I've read BWD is quality stuff, but they've only been on my car for a few months. The warranty says limited lifetime where most coils including Motorcraft are 1 year.

how about...
P0353 Ignition Coil C Primary/Secondary Circuit Malfunction

i just googled Ignition Coil C though. idk.

It's more likely to be P0303, which is an actual misfire code.

Got your pm and yea, those are the ones I got.. The car has been in the garage since September but it was running fine when I put it away.. you may need to stretch the springs out so they contact the plug better..

bearsfan39
Do you have some opinion on the Global Coils that I should know about before I order them?

lol well.... like fast said... i talked to them about getting replacements since i bought from them and i now have a mis-fire again, and they told me i had to have them installed by a shop and show them the reciept, but it doesnt say that in their warranty, my dad actually bought a set from them recently giving them a second chance, and about a month or so later the mis-fire came back

Members online

No members online now.
Back