Hi y'all

Only problem is that you gotta look at the outside before you get in it...

Gen 2s are clearly superior in one regard: interior.

:eek: You just made me feel old. Pretty sure you're the first person to have done that, so congrats.

But now that you mention it the gen 1s sure do look like they were built in the 80s. What, with the sealed beam headlamps. And the slab sided, box on wheels design. Looks just like a G-Body, K car, or Fox Mustang. :rolleyes:

I guess its just your taste...i cant stand the look of the gen 1...along with the other 80s cars you mentioned. i think the gen 2 looks better...it looks newer and "slicker" in my opinion its just a pretty car...even if it is an "old person car" :)

My point was that it looks ABSOLUTELY NOTHING like the other cars I mentioned (cars that were actually built in the 80s.) :Bang In case you missed that, and the sealed beam headlights comment (Mark VIIIs have composite headlights,) and the box on wheels design comment (which... well, go look at a Mark VIII.)

ahhh....sorry. its hard to read and completely comprehend while trying to listen to the lecture. miss the "what?" hahaha but i still think the style is the same.

We havent hit June yet. :lol:

Bummer. I just figured with school and girls and Amsterdam and Stack that you had a full plate.

School is a huge time suck... girlfriend also takes up a bit of time... done vacationing for quite a while.

Need to post up pics of Stack's newest car... pretty fun little thing... would blow the doors off most cars on this forum.

150+ posts already...

Bet you guys might even skip the "newbie irritation" lectures if she asked about suspension parts......

:D:D:D

You can talk about the LS, but not take any trash talk yourself?

Pretty sure I could see deer in the road better than you can, pretty sure I look where I'm about to park before I park in a huge puddle and can do without the novelty factor of puddle lamps, pretty sure my steering wheel isn't going to break, pretty sure my copy of Binary Editor and my Moates QH let me do what I need, and pretty sure I can fit my Procharger just fine (it's the intake that will need help, not the blower itself :p )

Gen 2s are clearly superior in one regard: interior.

But now that you mention it the gen 1s sure do look like they were built in the 80s. What, with the sealed beam headlamps. And the slab sided, box on wheels design. Looks just like a G-Body, K car, or Fox Mustang. :rolleyes:
I take chit all the time. Dont mean I cant defend my position if I disagree with it. As for me giving gen 1 owners and LS owners chit its cause the reactions are so much fun to read! Its not from any dislike I have of the cars. IMHO the only thing better then a Gen1 Mark is a Gen2 Mark. :D I once thought if I needed a 4 door car an LS is what I would buy. That changed last week when I sat in the back of one and have had shoulder pain since then from having to ride with my head sideways cause theres no freaking head room back there..... or leg room.
I swear the last thing I or anyone on this form should fight about is which is better Gen1 or Gen2 there both awesome. And this is the Mark VIII form. Each has some advantage. But if you add up the plus's there seems to be more on the Gen 2 side. And I have a Gen 1. For some of us poorer folks though Gen 1 are cheaper. Most of all though I hate my raggity looking climate control, but I don't have to fix the blend door. Can't we just all get along.

Too true. Wisest words ever.

150+ posts already...

Bet you guys might even skip the "newbie irritation" lectures if she asked about suspension parts......

:D:D:D

ill just bug my bf bout that :) but as i said before i dont have one yet and itll be some time before i do get one. right now my questions would be about what to look for in a mark when your buying one...not about changing one.

ill just bug my bf bout that :) but as i said before i dont have one yet and itll be some time before i do get one. right now my questions would be about what to look for in a mark when your buying one...not about changing one.
Second gens dont really have too many issues to watch out for.

Blend door is one. If the car dont have heat then thats the cause.
Neon ballast is iffy. Glitch is the upgrade ballast. Dont slam the trunk and you should be ok.
Some have issues with the power steering wheel adjustments.
Then the rest is standard Mark VIII fare. Ball joints, tie rods, strut rod bushings, leaking bags.

My God, 6 pages of crap. Every other word is Love this and Love that. Get a grip of yourselfs. No relavence at all to Mark VII forum, but that of the Love Connection. Go get a donut or sign up for a over aggressive distant emotional counseling session or something :eek:

Much love bro! :p :lol:

Blend door easy huh? Yeah I guess it is, just time consuming is all.

My God, 6 pages of crap. Every other word is Love this and Love that. Get a grip of yourselfs. No relavence at all to Mark VII forum, but that of the Love Connection. Go get a donut or sign up for a over aggressive distant emotional counseling session or something :eek:

this has been about gen 1 vs gen 2 from like page 2. and the first page and a half was about me being a girl. now brandon has chimed in here and then to add some stuff just like everyone else...and that is how he talks to me and if you have a problem with that you can just go shove it. dont take it out on us

Actually, that's not true. This whole 6 page f*ckfest has been mostly leghumping and gen1 vs. gen2. The whole bf/gf back-and-forth is pretty new. It makes me puke, but it's not the whole thread, nonetheless... :shifty:

if you have a problem with that you can just go shove it. dont take it out on us

Shoveling it is more like it. That is what you do with :q:q:q:q, and that is what this :leghumper thread has turned into. And it was not aimed at you but the :leghumperer's. calm down and don't get your panties in a wad:runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:

TeamLegHump.jpg

Shoveling it is more like it. That is what you do with :q:q:q:q, and that is what this :leghumper thread has turned into. And it was not aimed at you but the :leghumperer's. calm down and don't get your panties in a wad:runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway::runaway:
You seem a little miffed over nothing, my friend. Easy solution, though. Reading this thread is optional, maybe you should exercise the ability. If you are so easily perturbed, cease reading and take a walk... It's my right as a forum participant to leghump! :rolleyes:

thank you

It's all about what you like whether it's a Gen1 or a Gen2 they are all Mark VIII's and that is what this site is all about Lincolns and Caddy's. Welcome to a Great site don't let some of these peeps get to you they are pretty much harmless. :D

:W to :V

Members online

Back