Coils

Javan1

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So I have read a few different things about the cheap coils on eBay , some think they are ok some think they are just crap , I know that I need to replace at least 2-3 of mine and everyone says it's better to do them all at the same time . I don't have alot of money right now but is it just a waist of my time and money to get them and put them in ?

I have the global automotive ones and I've had no problems.. :cool:

Same here. Only put in about 2 months ago, but so far so good. If they last at least 9 months to a year than I'll probably buy them again.

ok thanks , they are the ones i was going to get , they say lifetime warranty
also getting an 8.8 28 spline lsd from a stang to put in it as my first mod

Lifetime warranty !!! ha!! Funniest thing I heard all night..Good luck on that unless someone else has had luck with that but yeah

They say they have to be installed by a certified mechanic.. I can't wait till mine fail (which doesn't seem for a long time) so I can see what they're going to do then..

They say they have to be installed by a certified mechanic.. I can't wait till mine fail (which doesn't seem for a long time) so I can see what they're going to do then..

I got a new set of coils from global automotive last month after my friend, an attorney, called them and told them that the specific warranty is what was displayed on ebay at the time I bought my coils. Any modification to the warranty must be provided to me before they changed it. After finding out that I was really going to take them to small claims, they gave me a new set after I sent the entire old set back. I was out fifty bucks for dropping the case, but I felt like I won.

I have the ebay coils and am having a second one fail. I got what a paid for, cheap.

^
Agreed.. But like Mr.Lincoln said, 100 (when your in a pinch) is better than 300.. Even if you have to replace them 3 times compared to the Motorcarft one, your still ahead.. :cool:

I bought coils off this ebay (alanisdeals) seller a while back and till this day they haven't given me any issues at all and it's been a while now. If any of the coils go bad again I'll def. purchase them again from this ebay seller. Below is a link to his ebay store.

http://stores.ebay.com/alanisdeals06

Here's a pic of the coils my brother and I installed yesterday.

IMG_0306.jpg

Thought it would be a job from hell but it wasn't only issues I ran into was removing the bolt near the fire wall.
Again GREAT seller.

I bought from Alanisdeals twice I ended up getting some bad coils the last order asked for a refund or exchange of the bad cols or just send me 2 new coils no luck. Luckily my old batch only had 1 bad coils so I just ended swapping out those with the old batch..

I bought from Alanisdeals twice I ended up getting some bad coils the last order asked for a refund or exchange of the bad cols or just send me 2 new coils no luck. Luckily my old batch only had 1 bad coils so I just ended swapping out those with the old batch..

Oh wow sorry to hear that.

I'm not surprised though it's ebay and for what 100 bucks for coils I couldn't complain

Replacement Coils

I installed a set of Accel Mustang coils about 3 1/2 years ago and have had no problems with them.

When I finish the new engine (Spring) one of the improvements I'll do is a set of aftermarket coils designed for the latest iteration of the chev V-8. I'll have to make some minor wiring mods and fab a set of mounts.

Coils generate a certain degree of heat and having them out in the air will be of benefit.

KS

Members online

Back