Time to repeal the Second Amendment?

You can't screen the people who own illegal firearms, they own them that way for a reason. As far as the people who already own guns, I'm not sure how that would pan over. In light of recent events I think it'd be beneficial to take a psychological exam before getting a firearm permit. I also propose that your driver's license test should have to be retaken every 5 years. It's plain and simple, the only ones who would complain about such measures would be the ones not qualified in the first place.

There is a right to bear arms under the Constitution but driving is only a privilege. A right and a privilege are quite different, especially when it comes to regulating them.

Thus, you could retest drivers every 5 years or give psychological exams to fox's example of Mercedes owning wives of cheating husbands (still my favorite).

Establishing a psychological test or even a basic level skills test to purchase a weapon has never been upheld. Remember the people who are prohibited from purchasing weapons now have given up that right by being found incompetent or committing a felony.

So your proposal for gun control is a ray gun that will make ammunition explode? :rolleyes:

I'm just being imaginative.
I'm not proposing a moon shot effort to pursue this and take away everybody's gun but if I had to think about it, it would try to find a scientific way to do it.
Something that would render guns ineffective and make them explode.
I don't know if something like this is possible but I'm sure it's crossed the mind of the military.
Like something out of Ironman.
If the military industrial complex developed and produced something like this it would put an end to gunpowder firearms challenging the government.
Of course we would by then also have electromagnetic rail guns
and weapons that use 2 or more chemicals which when combined would create the energy nessesary for a plazma beam (phazer fire).
In the meantime it would make for a nice popcorn movie to scare the NRA.

It's nice how he always presumes he's going to be associated with or aligned with the guys controlling such a "ray gun." Or that a government that can do that will always be freedom loving.

That's presumptuous of you.
I'm merely throwing out an idea before it's time.
Only the military would be able to field such a device.
I think they have focused microwave beams that instantly heat
people and things up already.

Your government Kimosabe. :p

My parents came here from eastern europe after WW2.
They and my grandparents had their own nastiness to survive and not get exterminated when they ran from the Nazi onslaught.
Otherwise I would not be here.

There is a right to bear arms under the Constitution but driving is only a privilege. A right and a privilege are quite different, especially when it comes to regulating them.

Thus, you could retest drivers every 5 years or give psychological exams to fox's example of Mercedes owning wives of cheating husbands (still my favorite).

Establishing a psychological test or even a basic level skills test to purchase a weapon has never been upheld. Remember the people who are prohibited from purchasing weapons now have given up that right by being found incompetent or committing a felony.

Yes, but even in our rights, such as life and liberty, those can be regulated as well. I'm not sure what you mean by that last sentence. Do you mean to say that only those who have committed crimes should be denied the right to purchase weapons? Maybe it's the way you phrased it but I don't really catch what you're saying.

Do you mean to say that only those who have committed crimes should be denied the right to purchase weapons? Maybe it's the way you phrased it but I don't really catch what you're saying.

What I'm saying is that the only restrictions to possess a weapon that have been upheld are those that regulate persons that have lost their right to do so either through an incompetency hearing or a felony conviction.

What I'm saying is that the only restrictions to possess a weapon that have been upheld are those that regulate persons that have lost their right to do so either through an incompetency hearing or a felony conviction.

I'm in favor of a 'before-the-issue' test rather than after a crime. I could probably look at someone for 3 seconds and tell you if they should have a gun.

I'm in favor of a 'before-the-issue' test rather than after a crime. I could probably look at someone for 3 seconds and tell you if they should have a gun.

Would you issue this forums favorite Sig toting, penthouse forum writing, nude photo exchanging, liberal councilwoman and political consultant a gun permit? :eek:

Would you issue this forums favorite Sig toting, penthouse forum writing, nude photo exchanging, liberal councilwoman and political consultant a gun permit? :eek:

As Cal said - do you know me Cbreeze - or more importantly, do I know you? Have we exchanged... ideas?

Well - too late - I already have a ccw.. :p

As Cal said - do you know me Cbreeze - or more importantly, do I know you? Have we exchanged... ideas?

Well - too late - I already have a ccw.. :p

When Pepperman finds out you wrote for Penthouse Forum, I suspect he may propose marriage....

Not a misfire

That's not really converting it to full auto, it's introducing a malfunction. It's just as likely to result in a misfire as it is in reliable full-auto fire.

Nah. Occasionally a 'smokestack', but I've never seen a 'misfire'.

KS

Nah. Occasionally a 'smokestack', but I've never seen a 'misfire'.
In a 1911 with a normal sear ( ;) ), if you remove the disconnector, more often than not, the hammer will simply follow the slide, which won't impart enough momentum to set off the primer. That's a failure to go bang when it's supposed to go bang, which would be a misfire.

Now, if you go screwing around with the sear, you can get it light enough that the slide slamming home can trip it, but the disconnector doesn't really have any effect on that situation. Again, that's a malfunction, not a conversion, IMHO.

BTW, did you know that an original Colt 1911 or 1911A1 can be completely disassembled using only the parts on the pistol? I don't mean field-stripped, I mean completely disassembled, down to the last internal part (excluding anything that's staked in place, that is). Old John Moses was a crafty, crafty genius.

Does that apply to the new RIA 1911s?
If you're talking about the tool-less disassembly, I don't know; I'm not familiar with the RIA pistols. If you have things that weren't on the original 1911/1911A1 design, like hex-head grip screws, full-length recoil spring guides, or ambidextrous safeties, it probably doesn't apply.

My guns

We're in the ICE CREAM VENDING business with a fleet of 14 trucks. They bring in CASH every night. Everyone of my drivers know there's a TECH 9,,A 20ga,, S&W 9mm and a Walther PPK 380 nearby at all times. I'm sure they tell their relatives and customers all this info as they travel thru their lives.

Members online

Back