RIP: The LS Is No More

TheArchaic1

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Due to the electrical problems that I was having with the battery draining in weather that was below 45 degrees, living in Wisconsin, and NO warranty on the car anymore, the LS was retired to a dealership for a newer car with less miles, and a full warranty.

This site is awesome for any enthusiast of the LS, and if my past problems and solutions for anything can help just let me know. Even not having my LS anymore I will still visit since there really isn't a community for my new car which really blows.

The new ride is a 2008 Saab 9-3 2.0T. Would have gone with the Aero version, but the insurance was a lot higher. Plus the only difference is a a small power increase from the 4 cylinder to the V6, and the with the exception of the rear bumper it has all of the Aero body parts (front bumper and side skirts).

I'll get some pics up when it finally stops snowing here.

You dont like stangs??

I like the 2005 and up.

2004 and below has ugly interiors.

The 2011 has that 5.0 engine but in my opinion the previous generation has a nicer
exterior. And the stock engine can be supercharged rather easily.

Some pics of the new ride. So far it only has 20% tint, and a front plate delete but it will get more done in the spring. I just need the temps to get a little higher than in the high teens-low twenties.

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_4022.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

looks good i like it! but the tails are one thing that i never really could get into even though they are factory

You dont like stangs??

I like the 2005 and up.

2004 and below has ugly interiors.

The 2011 has that 5.0 engine but in my opinion the previous generation has a nicer
exterior. And the stock engine can be supercharged rather easily.

That's true, but living in an area where snow is common, and cleaning the roads is not, buying another RWD car wasn't up for consideration.

Plus having a 5-speed manumatic already in the car and a cool sport button that increases the boost of the turbo to HP levels above that of a stock 2001 LS, I think that I made a reasonable choice. Plus the fact that it came with a 100,000 mile warranty helped a little in the decision. Heated seats helped out alot too!

Yeah, my neighbors are REALLY quiet. But, I have told people before that if there are any wierd noises coming from acroos the street, I will be the first person that you see running across the river in the back yard.

Members online

No members online now.
Back