Not totaled???? Bs

Bim Turch

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I posted last week showing pictures of the accident my 03 lsv8 was in (ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST). Everyone here on the boards thinks that she will be totaled, and so does everyone else who saw the car in person including myself.

I get a call from my insurance adjuster today telling me that it is fixable:shifty: she said " 2 new doors and is should be good as new". I called her back and explained that the frame, AND the doors needed to be fixed. Plus it needs a new driver seat because the doors pushed into the seat and broke it off of the track. And on top of that, my seat belt doesn't go back in or pull out any farther than its at. She then told me she would re figure all that information and call me back............:eek: she calls back and tell me the same thing.... "its fixable, HOWEVER I am waiting to hear back on the salvage price for the vehicle. If that price is high enough, we WILL total your vehicle.

:bsflag:

WHY!?!? I would rather them have called me and told me she is totaled. I have 112,000 on her and I think its time to just let her go! she is pretty messed up! RIP BETTY

The uni-body frame can take a pretty good hit without being damaged. I learned that the hard way.

They work for you...remember that. Make it clear that they will have to fix it 100% appropriately, and that they can easily get into a situation where they will toss more than the original quote into the repair when more issues start popping up at the body shop.

Find the most expensive body shop and demand it be sent there.

Members online

No members online now.
Back