Possible new head unit

Soopa009

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So I am kinda in the air if I actually want to pull the trigger and get the avic z120bt. I currently have an avic z2 which is so nice having a built in hard drive so I never have to put another cd in the car, unless I wanna burn it to the HD.
Well the z120's interface and GPS is bad as$, just doesnt have the HD. here's a couple links so you guys dont have to do much searching. YouTube - Exclusive First Look at the Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT brought to you by AVIC411.com
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/GPS-Navigation/AVIC-Z120BT

I think I will just sell my z2 for $500 and just put another $300 up for the z120... What do you guys think. Friend just sold me 2 JL w6's so by default I am working on the cars audio.

Awesome love the interface!! This is what I would get but only thing holding me back is someone breaking in to my car just for this... Quite the dilemma you got there. lol

Also wouldn't mind taking the z2 of your hands..lol Just a thought

I know right.. sucks dunno what to do

Yeah the z2 is for sale gunna probly keep it for sale for a month, there is like 2 people on here that were interested and a couple rl friends that said they want it when I sell it.. So we will see who puts up the most $$

I have the 110 and I do like the interface. I don't like how the 120s have more features and I have to pay 200 for the software update. Also mine just started having some gps issues. Its off by 1/4 of a mile sometimes depending on how it feels that day. The unit is less than a year old so i have to get it sent back in at some point.

My gps is off sometimes as well, but it just recalibrate's after like a mile of driving then it is working fine again. $200 for a software upgrade is pretty bogus but hey, pay the cost to be the boss!

I have the 110 and I do like the interface. I don't like how the 120s have more features and I have to pay 200 for the software update. Also mine just started having some gps issues. Its off by 1/4 of a mile sometimes depending on how it feels that day. The unit is less than a year old so i have to get it sent back in at some point.

I upgraded my 110 to the 120 for free & it was really easy to do. Just go the the AVIC411 site & you can do it for free too. It does the GPS MAP update & gives you the new UI.

the price you are paying for the updates also come with new maps.

Ive said it before so i guess i'll say it again, it is a damn good head unit, but, the #1 cause of top of the line headunits breaking, is that something will either break or a motor will wear out from the faceplate moving, to access the slots behind it (or tilting if you have it set to do so) and because of this, i always recommend a unit with a fixed screen, sure you do lose a little screen size but you pretty much remove half of all the moving parts from the radio, which will increase the reliability of the unit, and trust me they never break with in the manufactures warranty, its always after the unit is a couple of years old. i would look at the AVIC X920bt, its pretty much the same interface just with a slightly smaller screen, and no built in hard drive (for music anyways)

Members online

No members online now.
Back