Water damage

GSXRDUDE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Did a unplanned river crossing at speed and got misfires on 2 and 8, dried out the coils and replaced the plugs. Still have 02 sensor malfunction and car runs like :q:q:q:q. Do I replace all for sensors and what else should I look for. PS Make sure all 6 bolts are on the 2 covers over the coils and plugs and tight because you never know when you might go for a swim.

I wouldn't worry about the O2 sensors yet. They may be fine and just telling you that something is wrong with the engine.

You may have killed those two coils. They are easy to damage. Replace them and see if that fixes things.

You may have ingested some water into the engine. That can do major damage, usually to connecting rods. If changing the coils doesn't fix it, then do a compression test on all cylinders.

Did any water enter the interior of the car? If you had much water inside, some may have gotten into the PCM.

Yikes, that doesn't sound good. When you HAVE TO cross water like that, accelerate a bit and then slow down. This will create a little wave/ripple in the water that you can follow and it lowers the water level where you are by a couple inches. Can't help with the coils through.

gallants worth more than all your vehicles put together and them some ftw!

lol its funny cause we dont go to the mark VIII forums and talk smack.

Car runs just ok, some misfires on no 5. going to work on it today now that the rain has stopped. Lincoln went pond skimming because it was a better option than joisting with the Dill rod in the BMW who was 3 feet over the yellow with his head up his ass.

Members online

No members online now.
Back