Steering wheel swap

DFlaJax

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'd like to swap my steering wheel to aftermarket. What are my options for cruise control buttons & installation locations?

I just swapped on an FR500 wheel. Requires a little modifying, but looks/feels great and keeps cruise control and everything.

fr500 isnt aftermarket though, the only way you can keep your airbag and cruise crap is stick to a ford wheel, aftermarket as in billet or grant or colorado customs wheels, stuff like that wont work.

Cool, FR500 is perfect. Starting thread search now, LateModelRestorations wants $200 but if anyone sees them cheaper, please post link.

I got mine from Amazon.com with my wife's discount before she quit. It used to be the same price. I think LMR is the cheapest now...

I just swapped on an FR500 wheel. Requires a little modifying, but looks/feels great and keeps cruise control and everything.

would you mind telling me how you did it? I tried to install the FR500 in my 98 a few years ago, but ended up abandoning it because I couldn't get it to fit on the shaft.

would you mind telling me how you did it? I tried to install the FR500 in my 98 a few years ago, but ended up abandoning it because I couldn't get it to fit on the shaft.

You have to file two flats on the steering shaft in the correct places and do some other little things.

Read THIS.

HPIM0780s.jpg

Members online

Back