"You touch my junk and I'll have you arrested"

Or, the government could use better procedures that don't violate people's privacy while at the same time being completely ineffective and reactionary. Why is it that the people of this country ALWAYS have to bend to the will of the government and its whims? Aren't we supposed to govern ourselves?

If they could do it, I'd be all for it. I haven't seen them adopt a good strategy yet.

This is a statement that will need elaboration, but I'm not going to have the ability right now- but I'd sooner let EVERYONE legally carry their hand guns on the plane than this ridiculous, ineffective, invasion.

I do not like how we, as a society, keep looking towards Washington to provide us our personal security. We are becoming dependent upon them. No one is going to hijack a plane if everyone on board were responsible for their own safety.

We're actually safer and more independent when we have less "protection" from D.C.

In addition, PRIVATE SECURITY OFFICERS, not more government.
We have scores of guys coming out of the service with security clearances.
Totally agree. L. Neil Smith would be proud of this post.

Totally agree. L. Neil Smith would be proud of this post.

Handguns on a Plane

Everyone pulls their's out if someone tries something funny.

Wouldn't a 357 Magnum of a .45 blow a hole in the fuselage
of the cabin if carelessly fired.

Only .22s should be allowed to be carried onto planes:p

Handguns on a Plane
Most people don't carry.
They don't draw.
And your basically, intentionally or unintentionally, advancing the anti-gun stereotype that people with a handgun walk around all day waiting for the opportunity to just shoot something or someone. At the first sign of "unusual" behavior, they'll just shoot someone.

This is similar to the nonsense that anti-gun fascists used in Florida when they changed the law in Florida like a personal castle doctrine, meaning you were aloud to defend yourself and not expected to flee. "Florida will turn into the wild west. People will shoot each other at baseball games because they "say" they were threatened. Shoot first, ask questions later.

Absolute bullcrap.

No.
YouTube - Mythbusters Explosive Decompression

Handguns on a Plane

Strangely enough, I don't necessarily disagree with your thought process. Any gun would easily stop a box cutter. But why does it have to be .45 vs. .22? 9mm or .40 cal would be safe enough. There are subsonic versions of this. And if the government would drop the stupid silencer ban, the noise wouldn't be an issue inside a plane either.

Many people care more about their modesty than you do. Should their rights be trampled because you don't think it's such a big deal?

Do you know how many times TSA has failed to stop a terror attack? Are you familiar with the 'underwear bomber?' What happens when terrorists start shoving explosives up their butts? Will we have to be subjected to anal exams to get on a plane?

im all for our right don't get me wrong. these x-ray machines would have stopped the underwear bomber. and the anus bomber. i understand that people don't want a stranger to see a computer image of their nude body. thats fair. but this about keeping people safe. once again, i am against the ridiculous pat down. the x-ray box avoids all this.

Handguns on a Plane

i kind of like this idea. but what happens when you shoot the window out? lol

more comes to light

Did you all know that the person who had the job before Janet Napolitano, left and went to work with the company that produces the scanner? She knows all the right people and can get the government contract, force the American people to purchase the machines that are used on them.

The TSA has been caught hiring felons and jail guards. I fly many times each year and am surprised at the goons squads the TSA uses. I was patted down just before entering a plane (after going thru security), by some big thug. I was wearing a business suit as I had just left the court room an hour before.
Why would they target me? they grabbed many people from the flight to pat down without reason.

I see a shift from rational thought to straight intimidation of American citizens to see how far they can take this. Force everyone to use their machines and intrusive patdowns, next will be railroads, buses, subways. Stop people from traveling, curtail their rights. Cow the population into submission.

im all for our right don't get me wrong. these x-ray machines would have stopped the underwear bomber. and the anus bomber. i understand that people don't want a stranger to see a computer image of their nude body. thats fair. but this about keeping people safe. once again, i am against the ridiculous pat down. the x-ray box avoids all this.

i kind of like this idea. but what happens when you shoot the window out? lol
It doesn't keep us safe. The radar machines that they decided NOT to use are just as effective but don't do a naked scan.

This is what happens when we have a bunch of idiots running the country.

I will not fly until the nonsense stops. The scanning and/or feeling everyone over, including 80-year-old nuns and children is ridiculous. This situation will only get worse because eventually more and more people will get sick and tired of having their privacy invaded.

But not 'in' them.

None of this is necessary. We're looking for 'things' instead of 'terrorists.' It's a mistake.

Read about how the Israelis do it.

Isreal is a small country and can afford the time it takes to get to know their passengers before they board a plane.

The caliber of the Isreali security interviewer also probably greatly exceeds that of the typical TSA minion.

The premise of searching everyone is a substitute for the Isreali method which we don't have the time or smart enough security personnel for(the money we pay them), so as to not leave holes that could be exploited by studious terrorists looking for obvious weaknesses.

If they know kids, baby strollers and little old ladies will be searched they won't try to use them to get past security.

If ever there were a time to re- initiate the "Philadelphia experiment",that time is now.
For those of you unfamilar with it, google it.
Transportation as it is today, has run it's course, and it is time for new thinking, and new technology.
Under the present system of transporting, what we are witnessing today in our airports is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of government intervention in our personal liberties.
As stated elsewhere in this thread, trains, busses, and all other means of public transport will have these archaic forms of privacy invasion if no alternative measures are not forthcomming, and soon.
Just look at the following list and and ask yourself, is there a better way:
Arrive three or four hours before your flight time in order to facillitate security checks.
Get bumped from your planned flight because ther airlines overbooked the flight.
Lost luggage.
Runway delays.
High flight fares along with added fees.
Lousy (if any) meals.
Long, boring flights.
Airport parking.
I could go on and on, but you get the idea.
We, at one time have all seen startrek, and heard those inevitable words uttered by captain Kirk, "Beam me up Scotty".
That is not so far fetched as it may seem.
Even if the Philadelphia experiment didn't happen, (I happen to belive it did)
If ever this technolodgical frontier were needed , the time is now.
Imagine if you can, with the push of a remote control, you could send yourself, within milo-seconds, to anywhere in the world you wanted to be.
To some this sounds too far fetched to comprehend, but though I may not be around to see it, the day will come when ALL travel will be done by some form of this technology.
Somwhere along the line in this experiment, I read years ago that the ship was not only hidden from view, but re-appeared in a different location.
Haven't researched this article for a long time, but if that were the case, it seems that if it could be done with a ship, it certainly could be done on just about any object.
Bob.

I think everyone should board naked and have another plane transport items. :shifty:

Seriously! Ok maybe not, but the security methods of TSA should be enhanced using thumbprint recognition. This would search a database to locate the person and give employees a better idea how to handle passengers and some jobs to former Federal employees to make millions before retirement. Oh wait…. That’s an invasion of privacy as well, isn’t it?

Well the way I see it… you either submit to a scan or get your own plane. However, I do not believe that a pat down is necessary. I say scan and if there is cause, ask for further ‘intrusion’. Don’t demand it. But DO demand deeper qualifications to get the job as a TSA employee. There are too many “goons”, as tireman so eloquently states, that get the jobs. Regardless, there are no solutions to whining and complaining where opinions fail.

Isreal is a small country and can afford the time it takes to get to know their passengers before they board a plane.

The caliber of the Isreali security interviewer also probably greatly exceeds that of the typical TSA minion.

The premise of searching everyone is a substitute for the Isreali method which we don't have the time or smart enough security personnel for(the money we pay them), so as to not leave holes that could be exploited by studious terrorists looking for obvious weaknesses.

If they know kids, baby strollers and little old ladies will be searched they won't try to use them to get past security.
I see you didn't read my link. Ah well, ignorance is bliss, I guess. Not too inquisitive, are ya? But then again, not many liberals are.

Israel receives flights from all over the world. The amount of time spent is scalable, and is comparable to the amount of time we have to get to the airport early anyway. And we will make up time by not scanning grandma and grandpa, and Father Janowicz, and Sister Agnes. We can train people (or bomb sniffing dogs, for that matter) to do a good job in a matter of weeks. Your premise that we don't have time or resources is absurd on its face, considering the amount of TARP money still sitting around rotting.

If ever there were a time to re- initiate the "Philadelphia experiment",that time is now.
For those of you unfamilar with it, google it.
Transportation as it is today, has run it's course, and it is time for new thinking, and new technology.
Under the present system of transporting, what we are witnessing today in our airports is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of government intervention in our personal liberties.
As stated elsewhere in this thread, trains, busses, and all other means of public transport will have these archaic forms of privacy invasion if no alternative measures are not forthcomming, and soon.
Just look at the following list and and ask yourself, is there a better way:
Arrive three or four hours before your flight time in order to facillitate security checks.
Get bumped from your planned flight because ther airlines overbooked the flight.
Lost luggage.
Runway delays.
High flight fares along with added fees.
Lousy (if any) meals.
Long, boring flights.
Airport parking.
I could go on and on, but you get the idea.
We, at one time have all seen startrek, and heard those inevitable words uttered by captain Kirk, "Beam me up Scotty".
That is not so far fetched as it may seem.
Even if the Philadelphia experiment didn't happen, (I happen to belive it did)
If ever this technolodgical frontier were needed , the time is now.
Imagine if you can, with the push of a remote control, you could send yourself, within milo-seconds, to anywhere in the world you wanted to be.
To some this sounds too far fetched to comprehend, but though I may not be around to see it, the day will come when ALL travel will be done by some form of this technology.
Somwhere along the line in this experiment, I read years ago that the ship was not only hidden from view, but re-appeared in a different location.
Haven't researched this article for a long time, but if that were the case, it seems that if it could be done with a ship, it certainly could be done on just about any object.
Bob.
Great idea, Bob. Then the terrorists won't have to blow themselves up. They can just 'beam' a ticking bomb to the Oval Office.

I see you didn't read my link. Ah well, ignorance is bliss, I guess. Not too inquisitive, are ya? But then again, not many liberals are.

Israel receives flights from all over the world. The amount of time spent is scalable, and is comparable to the amount of time we have to get to the airport early anyway. And we will make up time by not scanning grandma and grandpa, and Father Janowicz, and Sister Agnes. We can train people (or bomb sniffing dogs, for that matter) to do a good job in a matter of weeks. Your premise that we don't have time or resources is absurd on its face, considering the amount of TARP money still sitting around rotting.

I think we have something like 350,000 american passengers in the air every day.
Maybe we can hire some of the unemployed to interview those 350k daily passengers for 10-15 minutes or so before their flights.
It would be a huge undertaking to do the Isreali method.

I think we have something like 350,000 american passengers in the air every day.
Maybe we can hire some of the unemployed to interview those 350k daily passengers for 10-15 minutes or so before their flights.
It would be a huge undertaking to do the Isreali method.
Waaaaah! Security is haaaaaaaard!

Quit whining. At least we'd be safer and wouldn't be sexually assaulted by doughnut eating glorified DMV thugs.

I wonder, with all these high school dropouts as agents ,who look like they enjoy feeling people up,if tsa has a DADT policy in place?
Bob.

Great idea, Bob. Then the terrorists won't have to blow themselves up. They can just 'beam' a ticking bomb to the Oval Office.

Not quite that easy Foss.
Along with this technology, as with any new technology, safe guards would be built into the process to stave off this type of intrusion into the system.
All government installations throughout the world would have safisticated monitoring equipment to detect intrusion, similar to our missle detection capabilities now.
A teleported bomb would be intercepted upon it's remote launch from any where on the planet.
The system would, and could be, far more sofisticated than just a tool to get people from point a too point b.
Technology has been,and will always be,a collection of ideas and principals.
Just take this internet as an example.
Who would have ever thought as little as 15 years ago,the world would be in such close communication.
Who would have ever thought that an object moving across the stratosphere would guide us as we drive our vehicles, direct us when we get lost?
So technology is the brains behind anything that we lay people think can't be accomplished.
With an eye to the future, anything is possible.
I would rule nothing out, and feel strongly that this transporting of people as it is being done today is on it's way out, to be replaced by personal transporters that are controlled by the adverage person.
Sound a little like sci-fi, but afterall, this is the 21st century.
Bob.

Not quite that easy Foss.
Along with this technology, as with any new technology, safe guards would be built into the process to stave off this type of intrusion into the system.
All government installations throughout the world would have safisticated monitoring equipment to detect intrusion, similar to our missle detection capabilities now.
A teleported bomb would be intercepted upon it's remote launch from any where on the planet.
The system would, and could be, far more sofisticated than just a tool to get people from point a too point b.
Technology has been,and will always be,a collection of ideas and principals.
Just take this internet as an example.
Who would have ever thought as little as 15 years ago,the world would be in such close communication.
Who would have ever thought that an object moving across the stratosphere would guide us as we drive our vehicles, direct us when we get lost?
So technology is the brains behind anything that we lay people think can't be accomplished.
With an eye to the future, anything is possible.
I would rule nothing out, and feel strongly that this transporting of people as it is being done today is on it's way out, to be replaced by personal transporters that are controlled by the adverage person.
Sound a little like sci-fi, but afterall, this is the 21st century.
Bob.
Bob, you're discounting the volatility of the dilithium crystals. FAIL.

“A retired special education teacher on his way to a wedding in Orlando, Fla., said he was left humiliated, crying and covered with his own urine after an enhanced pat-down by TSA officers recently at Detroit Metropolitan Airport…

“Before starting the enhanced pat-down procedure, a security officer did tell him what they were going to do and how they were going to it, but Sawyer said it wasn’t until they asked him to remove his sweatshirt and saw his urostomy bag that they asked any questions about his medical condition…

“‘One agent watched as the other used his flat hand to go slowly down my chest. I tried to warn him that he would hit the bag and break the seal on my bag, but he ignored me. Sure enough, the seal was broken and urine started dribbling down my shirt and my leg and into my pants.’…

“‘I am a good American and I want safety for all passengers as much as the next person,’ Sawyer said. “But if this country is going to sacrifice treating people like human beings in the name of safety, then we have already lost the war.’”

Members online

Back