Run 10.76 in street trim

Burbank98lsc

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I Drove 130 miles each way to Byron Dragway last Saturday for some Test and tune to see what the car has in street trim(100% full interior,17x9 Cobra rims with Drag radials) I also run the car without cooling it down or icing the intake manifold. Car was exactly same as I drive it on the street 93 octane gas and Hot engine without cooling down. My personal best in street trim was 10.76 and my 1/8 MPH was just crazy 105mph Vs last year 100mph in race trim.

Here is a Video of my best run in stock trim.
YouTube - Supercharged 98 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC

any weight reduction for strip trim. Any roll cage in the future. The o3 look killer on ther mark.

Race trim has lighter wheels(prostars with slicks and skinnies in the front) and passenger seat removed with good cool down between races.
This car will not see roll cage as I drive it on the street without helmet and it is very dangerous to drive car with roll cage and no Helmet.

Very very very very very very very very cool.

One thing I've thought about is a rear seat delete but I see now market for the mark viii crowd. I really don't see much weight advantage to a rear seat delete any who.

Awsome. I like the one against the 370 Z better though. I liked the angle better plus you won.

An inspiration to us all! What does the GT500 you raced have done to it?

He said if someone laid down 12,000.00 cash he would have to think about it but it is not for sale. I think that means FIRM or + . I would rather have it than my Cobra. I have triple that in it. But i've owned it 6 years.

Seeing as how this car peaks my interest and doesn't seem to have to much of a presence on LVC what are the details one you drivetrain? Whats into the engine and trans and any other mods you may have had to do?

I'm fairly impressed that the stock axles are holing up well into the 10's :cool:

Seeing as how this car peaks my interest and doesn't seem to have to much of a presence on LVC what are the details one you drivetrain? Whats into the engine and trans and any other mods you may have had to do?

I'm fairly impressed that the stock axles are holing up well into the 10's :cool:

Yea, I asked him about that because I am deciding on a tire and wheel combo to go drag racing with mine. I ran the same M/T DR on my cobra and I broke a axle and its twice the size of the Marks. Its a Std. 6 speed so I'm sure its harder on them. But even my Cobra doesn't launch like that WOW!!!

Yea, I asked him about that because I am deciding on a tire and wheel combo to go drag racing with mine. I ran the same M/T DR on my cobra and I broke a axle and its twice the size of the Marks. Its a Std. 6 speed so I'm sure its harder on them. But even my Cobra doesn't launch like that WOW!!!

Tell me about it ;) My WRX broke the stock axles when I had the stock turbo and was only in the mid 12 sec zone but with 1.6 60'. I added a set of DSS axles used that came out of ESX's STi that was mid 9's @156mph or so but it was an Automatic trans, all the difference it would seem :confused:

Dunno cause I'm shocked that it's just a Jmoded stock trans :eek:

ENGINE:
Forged bottom end with:
Cobra Crank
Manley rods with ARP 2000 bolts
Manley Flat top Pistons (0.020 over)
SHM Piston rings.
Rotating assembly was balanced and prepared by Seanhylandmotorsports and the Engine was reassembled by ME.
Stock heads ported by Me to match IMRC deletes.
Cobra Intake manifold( Ported by me and runners were shortened 2 inches)

POWER ADDER:
Vortech V2 S trim running 12 PSI of boost.(3.2 Reichard racing 6 rib Pulley)
Anderson Meth Injection.
Upgraded Bypass Valve.
Reichard racing Manual belt tensioner and steel cobra tensioner help keeping the belt tight.

FUEL:
42 Injectors
255 Walbro HP fuel Pump.

Exhaust:
Kooks Headers from SCP.
Dual 2.5 inch into single 3.5 inch pipe and 3.5 inch Dynomax straight through muffler.

Trans:
Stock and original Trans with 94k miles on it with J Mod.
Dirtydog 4200 stall Torque Converter.
2 trans coolers.
trans temp gauge.

Rear end and suspension:
Stock rear end with 4.10 gears and track lock.
03 cobra coupe rear shocks.
KYB front shocks.
Coil over conversion and lowered over 2 inches.
Front sway bar removed.
Hub swapped to 4.5" bolt pattern.
Weld Prostar Wheels.
MMX driveshaft.

Bolt ons or supporting mods.
80mm C&L MAF
Meziere Electric water pump.
BBK 65mm Throttle body.

So I need meth, a stall and some tires then my car can do that too, right? :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back