Wierd Air suspension problem on 98 TC:

DKPToo

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 98 Cartier TC. All was fine with air suspension, car was level and aired up, and then one morning I cranked the car and the air bags in the rear "lowered" the back of my car! Compressor still runs and NO idiot lights on console, but bags won't air up. Any idea what is wrong? Spoke to 2 mechanics who say they don't have a clue, "but bring it in". How? With a wrecker? These guys don't own our "babies" so I thought I'd ask here before I call the wrecker service! LOL
Obviously air bags were holding until I cranked the car that morning so something must have let the air out!??? Thanks.

Check the ride height sensor

Is that the bar/rod in the back by the airbags? One mechanic said it might be stuck...?

I have never had a problem before. I have had people "rock" the car at different areas and nothing happens to the suspension with key on or off. If I turn key on, the compressor turns on, no movement or hissing with airbags. ?

I just sold my pristine 95 TC and I had to change the airbags in that one once, but it simply lost pressure to bags when allowed to sit for a week. This car--my 98-- actually lowered itself when the key/compressor came on!

This might sound dumb, but check the Air Suspension switch in the trunk (Driver's side). Turn it off and back on. See if it helps. Otherwise, yeah it seems like it could be the ride sensor has failed.

^^^^ hope this helps #9 is the sensor

IMG_20101128_121113.jpg

Additional Suspension Problem!

My compressor runs and runs but never kicks on the warning light for the air suspension. Originally all was fine. I cranked the car and it LOWERED in about 20 seconds. I understand the compressor SHOULD turn on the air suspension idiot light after 30 seconds or so, but it doesn't. It keeps running and gets warm but nothing ever airs up? Do I have two problems here??

Members online

No members online now.
Back