What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Dropped the '93 of at a shop today to get the passenger side exhaust manifold gasket replaced. :(

Put the new corner lens on. Now I need the passenger side to match and then a new chrome brow and I'll be done with all the front end parts and lenses. (Phone pic)

Photo0249.jpg

Put the new corner lens on. Now I need the passenger side to match and then a new chrome brow and I'll be done with all the front end parts and lenses. (Phone pic)

Photo0249.jpg

i have another passenger side marker light, its not NEW like in your pic, but its fairly close, and i also have a spare brow thats been blacked out, with some paint remover im sure it would clean up perfect , if you need them let me know

i have another passenger side marker light, its not NEW like in your pic, but its fairly close, and i also have a spare brow thats been blacked out, with some paint remover im sure it would clean up perfect , if you need them let me know

Thank you for the offer Sapp but I really had to go with a new one, which I just ordered today. $218.38 to the door and yes, I know lol, it's a lot of money but it was the cheapest new one I could find. The chrome brow will also have to be NIB which I can get for $118 to the door. I do appreciate the offer though. I may not even get a new brow because mine isn't dented or anything but it does have it's age speckles in the chrome that you have to get close to see.

Thanks again Sapp

Thank you for the offer Sapp but I really had to go with a new one, which I just ordered today. $218.38 to the door and yes, I know lol, it's a lot of money but it was the cheapest new one I could find. The chrome brow will also have to be NIB which I can get for $118 to the door. I do appreciate the offer though. I may not even get a new brow because mine isn't dented or anything but it does have it's age speckles in the chrome that you have to get close to see.

Thanks again Sapp

have you tried Glass and Chrome rubbing compound on it yet?
no prob man, anytime ya need a part just let me know, kinda like Gman im always out at the salvage yard, id just charge what they charge for the part and shipping, unless its a huge part that takes alot of labor to get out

I finally got around to washing and vacuuming my car. Then waxed it with some Liquid Ice and let it set in for 3 hours while I watched the Saints lose on my DVR. Got out and buffed it out by hand but man it was super hard to buff. I am so getting an electric buffer this week.

have you tried Glass and Chrome rubbing compound on it yet?
no prob man, anytime ya need a part just let me know, kinda like Gman im always out at the salvage yard, id just charge what they charge for the part and shipping, unless its a huge part that takes alot of labor to get out

Haven't tried anything like that on it because I think it's just age and pitting from the HWY. The type of things that can't be rubbed off with anything. Like I said, you have to step up on it and bend down to even see it but I know it's there. Just one of them mind bugging things for me. Anytime you happen to come across a nice pair of white opalescent door handles that will work on a 95, I'll gladly pay you for them. I'm not in need of any right now but I'm sure the day will come. I appreciate it Sapp.

Had to take the d/s front air spring/shock off the '97 LSC and put a band-aid on it until we can afford to get a new set. It's amazing what you can accomplish with red RTV, tire patches, and electrical tape:D. Maybe it'll hold together for another week so we can get the new one. I hated to patch it up like that, but my wife needs a car to drive. So I didn't have any other options.

On the plus side, when we get the replacement set, I'll have some units to "experiment" on for my project.

Richduty that was funny...can relate at times but I still love her. :lol:

Drove it to see some badass bands...

My Darkest Days
7f73472d.jpg

Papa Roach
10dc3c7a.jpg

and.....GodSmack!!!!
0fabb859.jpg

ccbed162.jpg

786e6339.jpg

The sea of cell phones making illegal boot-legs is hilarious! :lol:

Yeah it was, some chick was on a guys shoulders right next to me trying to film with her phone...looked like she was havin a good time till they started surfing her...hahaha

didnt do anything to the car but had a really bad dream that my door fell off..

swapped my ABS module and swapped the relay with my Air Ride relay.. ABS light still on :-(

Tried to find my vacuum leak on the '96 again. Unfortunately, now I can't get the throttle body bolt back in the air intake tube. It will start a couple of threads then just turn. It's not stripped. And I can't get the dam thing to tighten. Grrrrrrr!

Members online

Back