Started my new Job today!!!

DieselDan

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
As of today I am no longer a flat-rate technician for a loser Ford dealership, I am now an hourly bus technician for the Walt Disney World Resort. I don't know how many people here have/have not been to Disney World before, but all of the busses you see on property are the busses I will be working on. The pay is WAY better, the benefits are SOOO much better, it is such a great company overall. I put in my 5 years with Ford and decided I was ready to step up to something better, so I put my house up for sale and started the process with Disney. I had to get my EPA-608 Universal certification, and also my CDL permit with a P endorsement. Everytime I had an interview or a test to take I had to drive from NC to FL, 10 hours each way to do it. I worked hard to get this, and I know I deserve it. This company is the greatest company in the World, I mean, who hasn't heard that name before? The only thing that sucks about it is that I will probably be on 3rd shift, and I don't get weekends off, but I don't care at this point, it was a sacrifice I was willing to take for this new opportunity. I'm not trying to gloat or sound like I'm bragging, I am just very proud of myself for making it through everything to get this job, and I know I deserve it. It is a VERY difficult process to go through to get to work for Disney. The first day at work was AMAZING, officially the coolest work day I have EVER had. I moved everything in my house over the weekend into a storage container, the only thing left is to take my toolbox to work tomorrow.

Take care everyone, just felt like sharing a little about my recent life events.

Oh and Jamie, the tunnels I was referring to are the "utilidoor" tunnels that run underneith all of the Magic Kingdom park. We got to walk under the moat that surrounds the castle.

congrats danno sounds like you will be happy there. 3rd shift will suck but hey, just more money and you are young and you and robyn have no kids yet so soak up the cash now dude!! hopefully you'll have some time to yourself though so we can get together and :q:q:q:q off!!
shari wants discount tickets lol, we have never been there and we have lived here for 7 years already how sad is that!

a pic of dan from his first day!!
last-12-months-2437.jpg

Brag Dude! I dont even know you and I'm proud of you! That's an awesome accomplishment and you definitely sacrificed to get there. Nothing wrong with hearing about someone taking action and resposibility for their life. Wish more people did the same, to often people depend on others and the government which is also other people, but I'll stop there.

Well done man! That's way awesome!!

Dan I say congrats to you for accomplishing such a huge endevour. Soak it up brag all you want because you deserve to.

I think you freinds here on LVC want to share it with you as well. Thanks for sharing it with me. Sounds pretty cool working in a place like that.

It is so great that you have a job that you can enjoy and be proud of. I think one of the happiest moments in my life was when I made it through EOD School and became a Tech.

Mang, congratss Dan! That is uber cool. Its great having a job ya like but when the pay is better and the actual employer is better then that makes it just so much.... better. :lol:

Very cool. Jobs here suck arse. I wanna sell my house and property so bad and move somewhere, anywhere else.

That is way cool! I have wanted to work at disney world for about the last two years now! Any job! I have been telling my wife about that place. She has never been and I grew up in Florida so I have been bookoos of times. But it is a place that can't even be explained and I want to take the family so bad. I have had working at Disney World on my mind for the past two years now for some reason! I want to move me and the fam down there by my mom and get a job there, But my mom is moving up here in about two months! But anyways congrats man!

congrats on the job!

ps. i love disney world. i hope i never get stuck on a broke down bus though!

congratulations

i have worked at alot of mickey mouse places in my life but its not the same. welcome to florida!!!!!!!!

Congrats on your new job!! and make sure you save some$$, you'll be glad you did.

Every time I drive by or through Disney I am fascinated at just how incredibly well run and organized it is.

Back in 2004, during the rash of Hurricanes that struck Florida, many people here on the West coast fled inland, to places like Orlando, to avoid the storms. As fate would have it, the storm actually missed the coast and travelled right up the center of the state, hitting all of those refugees head on.

While much of the state was rebuilding, most people had the power out for several days. But the people who had the good fortune to stay inside Disney saw the repairs crews out that morning and the limited power outages and damages were fixed in record time. Most of the power lines were underground and protected anyhow.

Ya, Disney is pretty B A. It really is a kind of dream come true to get to work for that company. They sure don't play around, and they do know how to make their customers happy.

Took my kids there a few years ago.....we loved it.

Enjoy your new job! sounds like a good one

Congradulations, third shift sucks I've been doin it for two years now at Ryder but it does have some benefits, sounds like a great job though I hate my job it's a crap hole

Members online

No members online now.
Back