Im bored, may as well go race.

And here is my run against a 94 5.0 GT thats "Stock with a bad trans and no traction" claimed the owner. I lost by .05 but it was a run when they said dont run 1/4 so I let out before the end and pulled a 14.25

YouTube- LaserSVT Mark VIII 1/8th run 2

Very Good and thanks for sharing. I'am still looking for a good drag radial tire wheel combo to take mine to the track. I was hoping to find two 17" by 9" wheels for mine because I have a set of 275-40-17 Mickey Thompsons.

I am running a weight (with driver) thats about 400lbs greater then you were. And yes, boost peaked at 7.4psi.

I was 310 pounds at the time, so I don't know exactly how much more your weight with the car really is even with all of the junk. Mespock owns the car now, I should probably have him weight it. Anyway, take the crap out next time!!! With gears and a roots blower I am amazed you can get any traction at all. Some real tires and weight reduction and it should scream.

I was 310 pounds at the time, so I don't know exactly how much more your weight with the car really is even with all of the junk. Mespock owns the car now, I should probably have him weight it. Anyway, take the crap out next time!!! With gears and a roots blower I am amazed you can get any traction at all. Some real tires and weight reduction and it should scream.
Next time I wount have the tools and cooler in it but everything else stays. It was so much fun and so cheap that I will do it again very soon. The car could not of behaved any better. I kept an eagle eye on AFR and data logged it all. Cars acceleration rate never changed and the knock sensors never pulled a single degree out and usually added 4-5* and boost was always below 8psi. The car is very safe. Only thing is I cant leave it running in the staging lanes with a closed hood cause it just builds up too much heat in the plenum.

Now that I feel the car is solid and safe on the track I will try some proper launces on the street tires. Gonna be a long time till I can afford drag radials. I would love a set but have other things that will require all my cash. :(
Anyway if I bring the RPM up a hair I think I can hit a 2.0 60' time. Every launch was off idle, wasnt even breathing on the go pedal.

If you have enuff tire couldn't you do less air pressure in the tire. To bad your stock rim don't fit.

If you have enuff tire couldn't you do less air pressure in the tire. To bad your stock rim don't fit.
Good grief.

You cant just drop air pressure on a street radial and expect it to hook. They have the best bite at the recommended air pressure.
I don't have my stock wheels any more. If I did then the REARS would fit and I would throw a drag radial on them....... whenever I could afford them. :lol:

Maybe if you could do a better burnout. Your tires would be hotter/sticker. Some brand tire do good with less tire pressure. Sappefire has a xtra set of oem wheels don't he.

Maybe if you could do a better burnout. Your tires would be hotter/sticker. Some brand tire do good with less tire pressure. Sappefire has a xtra set of oem wheels don't he.
Once again, you are missinformed. A street tire will only get greasy by doing a long burn out. I only do a short one to clean off the tire and shed the water, not to heat it up.

Its slicks or Drag Radials that benifit from heating them up.

No, Sapperfire does not have extra wheels.

Thanks but it will be a while till I can afford car toys. When I have a couple nickles to rub together I will get back with ya. :)

Congrats on the 13's. Traction must have been an issue or something. I never ran 1/4 with my 98 but her are some numbers for comparison of my best pass.
rt.-----------0361
60ft----------2.1338
330ft---------6.0659
et@550-------8.6848
1/8et---------9.2707
1/8 mph------- 76.81 mph

98 lsc Focus fuel pump, SCT Tune, Drilled airbox (K&N panel),4.30 gears trac-lok,

hope this helps you get an idea where you are at.

I'm finally going to run it this weekend when it cools down. It will be interesting to see how far I am away from you.

I think the coolest run was the last, other guy stages, blows purge... Aww ;-(

LoL

Nice to see you got it to the track. That's a good number to start. You should have plenty room to improve from there. New street tires should get you low 13 or 12s, they did for me. I noticed a huge loss in traction when the tire got about 1 yo. That meth kit will be the ticket to the 12s. Hope you keep at it, its fun....

Members online

No members online now.
Back