19" Rims Questions

20''s are big, sticking to 18''s no more than 19''s but leaning more towards some 18 jags. What rims do you have on now TDUB?

Damn man I just saw this question. Guess I should have checked my own thread sooner. I just decided to paint the stockers black for now and throw them on but I don't drive the LS so at this point it really doesn't matter.

Wow, that was a while ago. ? I was thinking of getting some gen 1 5 spokes. They look sporty and maybe doing something like how pektel painted them, maybe more on the charcoal side than black.Saw some for 400. You dont drive the ls at all

If the stories are scaring you, you should see what the set of 20"s I had on my LS did to my fenders once I put the lowering kit on.

Lowered with 20's here, my drivers side front fender needs to be replaced. :( Ripped a good chunk right off the lip.

Wow, that was a while ago. ? I was thinking of getting some gen 1 5 spokes. They look sporty and maybe doing something like how pektel painted them, maybe more on the charcoal side than black.Saw some for 400. You dont drive the ls at all

The LS hasn't been driven since January. The coils went in July of 08 so I fixed those but when I did it I tightened down the valve cover too tight in the back and it caused an o ring to snap causing one of the coils to go bad. It was my only car at the time so I had to drive it a couple of days to get to work before I got the part. I cleaned out the oil and got a new o ring but before I could get a new coil it superheated one of my cats. I went out and bougth a pos 5.0 (which isn't running either at the moment) :rolleyes: and decided to tear my LS apart for paint. I honestly have parts scattered throughout my house and garage just waiting to go on. I decided to get 2.5" magnaflow cats to go with my exhaust but then I found out the LS magnaflow kit is only 2.25" so I want to sell it and get a custom set up. The 20"s cracked both of my front fenders, so I have two new fenders waiting to go on. I also have the LSE kit just waiting to go on, but I decided that I want to shave the handles and put in suicide doors before the paint job. I have a bunch of non paint related items laying around as well. It was coming a long slowly but I just got a new job that pays me a significant amount more so things should get done a bit faster now. :)

wow, nice. Looks like you have a lot of plans for it. Yeah, 20 do look nice cause they fill in more but its a little risky.looking forward to the finished results.

No but those are real nice. Good find.

I get both of you guys confused with those damn Avatar pics, one of you needs to change it!

:D I'll change it in and get an updated one, better angle.

They will stick an inch out further than the stock 17's. Should be about right. I have 19x8, 42 offset.

Here, see for yourself.

http://www.1010tires.com/WheelOffsetCalculator.asp

The stock 17's are 7.5" wide, with a 60 offset.

I run 245/35 in front, and 245/40 rear tires. I had to downsize the fronts to prevent rubbing while turning at the same time as compressing the suspension.

Those are sweet! I have never seen your ls, besides your profile pic. Keeping it on the DL and then going to come out with on beasty ls or what?

those are sweet...been thinking about picking those up myself

Rim addiction? You have 2 sets of rims and you want another :lol:

Those are sweet! I have never seen your ls, besides your profile pic. Keeping it on the DL and then going to come out with on beasty ls or what?

Yes... she's still under wraps. Coming from someone that owns Mustangs I don't know that there's such thing as a beastly LS unless you count the ones with engine swaps that aren't street legal or maybe even Quiks but she will definitely be a sexy bitch.

yeah lol i just sold my sentas finally to member on here. i have always wondered what an ls would look like with those Jaramas but i gotta get back in to an ls then get them

Yes... she's still under wraps. Coming from someone that owns Mustangs I don't know that there's such thing as a beastly LS unless you count the ones with engine swaps that aren't street legal or maybe even Quiks but she will definitely be a sexy bitch.

By beasty, I meant sexy bitch. I rememeber you saying you bought the last cdc kit and had all these little projects going on, wheels and I dont know what else. From having never really seen your car to showing off your hidden/sexy ls, if you have a nice one ;), out of the blue would be great!

yeah lol i just sold my sentas finally to member on here. i have always wondered what an ls would look like with those Jaramas but i gotta get back in to an ls then get them

+1. Hope you get one soon. I was dying when I left my ls at the shop for a week recently, I can't imaging how selling it would make me feel

Cant comment on the hub but that offset is just a tad to low. Its not the lip on the fender, what little negative camber you have will clear that, its the liner while going over bumps that in most cases is the issue.

Yep, the rear inner fender will be the problem when the weight of the car is down, and the springs have settled.
245/35/19, 19x8.5, Intrax springs, could have actually gone bigger but wanted to keep tire size same as factory.

Don't ask about the purple calipers---it's not my car

LS WHEEL.jpg

By beasty, I meant sexy bitch. I rememeber you saying you bought the last cdc kit and had all these little projects going on, wheels and I dont know what else. From having never really seen your car to showing off your hidden/sexy ls, if you have a nice one ;), out of the blue would be great!

Lol I promise not to disappoint. I'm just rounding up the last bit of parts
before I get her going again. Once the cats are in I'll get her emissioned sell my 5.0 to finish up the LS. It wouldn't have taken this long but I got a killer deal on a Cobra that I couldn't pass up.

Too bad someone can't get ahold of a set of these. If they work on an S Type they should work for us...

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981513/

Those are sick as well. I would absolutely love a set of Ferrari 19s but those are way out of my price range and would be worth more than the car.

Members online

Back