My Next $300 Mark VIII

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm starting another project. Today, I picked up this Blue 93 Mark VIII that needs a lot of work. This owner has owned this car since 2003. This car has all of the usual problems. Seats don't move forward, the EATC has holes in the buttons, the buttons on the information center are broken, there's a piece of plywood for the arm rest :eek:, and the grille is missing. :p Oh and the drivers side door panel is missing. I need to find one of those.

On the plus side.......The AC and HEAT works!!! Spring conversion done, brand new brakes and rotors. Full front end suspension work done.

I'm going to work some magic on this, fix all the stuff that needs fixing, paint and body, and who knows, All you lurkers on this forum, looking for your first Mark this may be one for you.
DSC01472.jpg

DSC01473.jpg

DSC01475.jpg

DSC01476.jpg

DSC01478.jpg

DSC01479.jpg

DSC01480.jpg

DSC01482.jpg

DSC01483.jpg

that looks excactly like my first mark which was a 93 and that color combo that I bought in dec of 95.

same combo as my wifes first mark. greg, good luck finding aquamarine interior parts for it!!! thats a 1 year color both inside and outside, the only plus to the inside color, is they also produced tons of opalescent white marks in 93 with aquamarine blue interior too!

Funny thing is, this color is abundant down here. Twice when I was walking through my usual Pick-A-Part, I've seen this color combo in there.

Sounds ghetto but try and find a marker the same color as your drivers seat and color in the crinkles..

be careful greg, light portofino blue looks very similar, but side by side they are different, if you find a car at the boneyard with a blue gut, if it isnt a 93 its not aquamarine blue, easy enough to check, just make sure its a 93 and you are golden.
when i bought mine it had the light colored fake wood stuck everywhere inside and it was all seperating, i got luck and found a guy parting a freshly wrecked one on ebay the same color combo with mint interior parts, i bought everything i needed from him to change all mine back to stock it looked sooooooooooooo much better.

BEFORE:
newride011.jpg

AFTER:
interior93010.jpg

BEFORE:
newride016.jpg

AFTER:
interior93002.jpg

BEFORE:
93bluelincoln004.jpg

AFTER:
98newwheels004.jpg

sharisinteriorclean006.jpg

sharisinteriorclean001.jpg

sharisinteriorclean005.jpg

sharisinteriorclean002.jpg

I ACTUALLY LIKED THE BLUE ON BLUE, NOT WHEN I GOT IT, BUT AFTERWARDS THE CARS LOOKED SO NICE, MY WIFE WAS PISSED AT ME FOR SELLING THIS ON HER, SHE LOVED IT, IT WAS HER CAR, I SOLD IT TO RRUDD ON LOD HE STILL HAS THE CAR.

i'll keep my eyes out, i really like blue on blue if they are clean, mine wasnt, i had to make it clean, if you look close, i also put a 96 rear bumper on it with tip cut outs and painted it to match, so i could do a true dual exhaust and put 95-96 exhaust tips on it!
i will look at my shop i may have a driverside door panel something tells me i had a blue one but i cant remember i have so many door panels i gotta look.

lastpicsofthe93007.jpg

It grows on ya...... like a fungus. :lol:

You know you love it!!!

Good job on finding BabyBlues twin, get her fixed up and we can do a doubles photo shoot...there was a 93blue/blue in a yard in austin that had a perfect interior, made me sick I didn't have the $ to buy the entire interior, I've got extra button panels and floor mats

You know you love it!!!

Good job on finding BabyBlues twin, get her fixed up and we can do a doubles photo shoot...there was a 93blue/blue in a yard in austin that had a perfect interior, made me sick I didn't have the $ to buy the entire interior, I've got extra button panels and floor mats

Is it still there? What's their contact info?

i hate living in canada. there is one mark for sale in my city of 1 million. 1998 base. pearl. miled out guy wants 7g's for it. stupid canada.

I just about bought a dark blue mark with a black interior Loved the color combo before I found my black on black lsc How rair is the blue with black?

This car has some potential. The lady I bought this from really took care of it. I'll bet she paid through the nose when you had everything that was done. Coil spring conversion with upper and lower control arm replacement. But leave it to the mechanic to not know how to get rid of the Check Air Ride message. I haven't had time to look into it, but the battery light stays on. That means bad alternator? Note the ghetto arm rest. You know that has to go. Anyone please help me out.

102_0776.jpg

102_0777.jpg

102_0778.jpg

102_0779.jpg

102_0780.jpg

102_0781.jpg

102_0782.jpg

102_0783.jpg

102_0784.jpg

102_0785.jpg

Members online

No members online now.