have the lowered springs and the front is too soft.!!

98CobraStarLSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So i have the 1.5 lowered kit, the rear feels nice but the front is way soft.

Anybody messed with this yet? I didnt see anything with searching but i really want to firm it up on the front.

Any ideas? Shocks? Even when i bought the kit new it was like this so i know they arent worn out. Do i need to upgrade to some adjustable shocks?

I have the same lowering springs. It's your struts.

The struts are called kocico's ( I think that's the name ) the blue ones. The other ones are freaking horrible. My car was a big giant boat and bottomed out all the time.

Buy the one's for the cobra mustang ( blue ) . I think that's right. If someone else doesn't clarify PM me and I'll look it up. ( you can also look it up on here ).

Also I have the widest tire that will fit on the rim. I think it's a bit of a lower profile also. That might make a difference.

Git rid of your stock struts. And have a shop put the springs on them. Make sure they are compressed the same amount and I'd suggest about 1 1/2 inch down on the bolt.

toodles

edit: actually if you have the money for the adjustable shocks get them. They are a bit better than the cokico's or whatever they are called.

your front sway bar bushings and sway bar links are shot................

ive said that so many times.....................

I have the same lowering springs. It's your struts.

The struts are called kocico's ( I think that's the name ) the blue ones. The other ones are freaking horrible. My car was a big giant boat and bottomed out all the time.

Buy the one's for the cobra mustang ( blue ) . I think that's right. If someone else doesn't clarify PM me and I'll look it up. ( you can also look it up on here ).

Also I have the widest tire that will fit on the rim. I think it's a bit of a lower profile also. That might make a difference.

Git rid of your stock struts. And have a shop put the springs on them. Make sure they are compressed the same amount and I'd suggest about 1 1/2 inch down on the bolt.

toodles

edit: actually if you have the money for the adjustable shocks get them. They are a bit better than the cokico's or whatever they are called.
Tokico and they are for Thunderbirds, not Mustangs.

Cheap and good: Tokico Blues
Better: Tokico Illuminas
Best: Koni adjustable.

I don't skimp on my car. I want it to be as good as it possibly can be. My rear shocks are shot and when the funds permit I will be getting the Koni yellows back there. Then if I can find someone who can/will do the work I will get the front cartridges and have them fit in to the air springs. Thats the last link for my suspension. Car has really good control now but I need more dampening.

I've had the same problems. It should be a sticky on the coil conversion. I think it is a much better option to order tbird front springs and just order the rear spring from american air so you can get their isolators. I don't understand why AAS would sell soft strut when these cars weight so much.
What would shot sway bar bushing have to do with the suspension being soft and I've heard replacing the rear shock help as it might be shot but someone correct me if I'm wrong on this part.

im telling you what solves the problem, i went thru this, and found out what it was, if you dont want to listen, dont.............

I'll order some better shocks for the front and update this when I'm done. I replaced the links and bushings already about a month back hoping I would get lucky but it didn't change at all.

Thanks for the links and I'll jeep you guys posted.

Lol what's up!! When we going to meet up?? Need a fellow Lincoln guy to cruse with!!

lucky you, my 98 rides like a brick, I've started to call it the rattlebox :(

mine aint that great either lowered w/ 45 series on it. rode like horse sh!t lowered with 35 series like i had on it before. what a difference.

mine aint that great either lowered w/ 45 series on it. rode like horse sh!t lowered with 35 series like i had on it before. what a difference.

mine has new bags/struts in the front :(

it's lowered but nothing extreme, not like my sig

my 93 i drive around almost completely slammed and it's as smooth as can be

Members online

No members online now.
Back