Cool looking Cobra Intake

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I was surfing the net and came across this cool looking cobra intake. Anyone know who sells this?

65893d1226464973-round-3-1967-shelby-gt500-vs-2000-svt-cobra-r-svtcobrar00_engine_w800.jpg

Nobody. Not even Ford. Thats a 5.4 under that intake and its C heads.

Actually you can buy one from Ford if you show proof you own a 2000 Cobra R and then show them your broken 5.4 Cobra plenum but thats the only way.

Someone else must have made a copy. The article for this car says stock 2000R intake but that is most definatly not an OEM 2000R intake.

mmfp_0806_al_03_z+1996_ford_mustang_cobra+.jpg

that cobra r on ebay is legit %100.I have allways wanted one . the Accident report would scare me.. and I think they only came in red.

greg the only intakes that will work on your car is anything from a 96-99 cobra, anything above that used C heads, we have B heads, no dice.

So, will that work on our Marks?
No, not even with C heads. The 5.4 blocks deck is taller thus making the heads farther apart.
greg the only intakes that will work on your car is anything from a 96-99 cobra, anything above that used C heads, we have B heads, no dice.

99 Cobras had C heads. Only 96-98 will work.

It surprises the hell out of me that Edelbrock or Holley has'nt got on board with newer model intakes. All the money they have, they should be able to have the technology to offer aftermarket intakes for newer model cars. Like 32v 4.6's and LS1,2,3,4,5,6,7,infinity lmao!
I have seen the carburated intakes for our motors but I think they were custom made I don't really remember it was a while back I seen them. I am talking more about Fuel injection aftermarket intakes something similar to what we run but with more flow and whatever else they would have to do to make more power. Besides a blower!

There are many:

1266352185_74518779_1-Pictures-of-FORD-RACING-50L-CAMMER-FR500C-MUSTANG-RACE-ENGINE-DOHC.jpg

4_6_big.jpg

attachment.jpg

MMR%20Navigator%20manifold.jpg

400-MustangGT-RConcept.jpg

dsc02576.jpg

Intake%20GT500.jpg

IntakeTB.jpg

attachment.php

46DOHCcobra.jpg

cov-09v10hm.jpg

Granted they are for C heads but the B head market was too small. For many years not enough Mark owners could support it and only two years of Mustangs had them. C heads were on so many more performance cars that there was a large enough market to make the reserch and development worth while.

Damn Laser, some of them are cool as fock! I like the one with twin throttle bodies, one on each side. I guess we would have alot more options for things if we did a "C" swap! I may put that on the list for my next engine! So I can put one of those cool manifolds on a Mark Viii!

b%20manifold%201.jpg

That one is still my personal favorite, fully B head compatible, ouch on the price though.

From what I know about the LS motors from GM the stock intake is pretty much as good as they get with a few tweaks... but I'm not a GM guy so I can't say that 100%...

Problem with all those intakes is the sacrifice low end power for a peak power number. So if you are on the track then they make a difference, on the street they will hurt your performance. All of them shorten the runners and that hurts torque. Sure they are pretty but I would rather have street ready power. Only one will boost your low end power for the street. :D

IMGP1769.jpg

/\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

I still like that one up there!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back